Import Papers/History

Calum122

Member +
So as like the 4th owner of my JDM weapon, the import papers, or any associated history, has been lost to the time.

Is anyone aware of any technique to retrieve this information.

I was wondering since it's quite obvious that my car has seen some repairs, and I suspect the repairs were made in Japan, whether this would be further verified on the import documentation. Or in other words, would they have categorised the damage as a type of "Write-Off" in Japan.

Other than MOT history, is there any other types of checks we can do on the car. I did a Reg Check when I purchased it and it was all okay ON PAPER.

Any ideas?

Jay

Admin
I'm better off not knowing what's gone on before I got mine.. :eek:

Not entirely sure what you get for your yen but I know there are a few Japanese car history firms who can obtain information from the chassis number:

https://carvx.jp/

Probably nothing more than the auction report and any verified mileage inspection done at time of export but it might be worth investigating.

Jay

Admin
My auto GT came in with some official looking papers which show a detailed inspection and certificate confirming mileage and vehicle condition. This is just because I was first owner and Trevor did things right when bringing it in.

The rest I have feck all for unfortunately.

Calum122

Member +
My auto GT came in with some official looking papers which show a detailed inspection and certificate confirming mileage and vehicle condition. This is just because I was first owner and Trevor did things right when bringing it in.

The rest I have feck all for unfortunately.
Probably fine when your cars are mint.

But when you suspect on of them has been in a smash up...

Calum122

Member +
Just had a look at that site @Jay, it's quite pricey but it does indeed seem to answer the question I have, had the car been in an accident. They claim to be able to get those sorts of details, presumably through insurers. But will cost £24. I probably would have a bash for that price. Just to get some history on the vehicle.

SKINY

Lifer
I got the current MOT form and a tax book with mine :eek: no other information apart from it was sat on a caravan park for a number of years with no engine that I'm not long after learning lol o_O