Import toyota starlet gt turbo - 1995 - quadlight ep82 (1995) - £1400

Jack138

Member +
For sale: IMPORT TOYOTA STARLET GT TURBO - 1995 - QUADLIGHT EP82 (1995)

Item Condition: Used, see pictures/description

Price and price conditions: £1400 but will negotiate for true Starlet fans

Extra Info:

I am selling my 1995 Toyota Starlet (EP82) Quadlight Model imported from Japan

**Car is on Pistonheads at the moment, but I would offer at a lower price to forum members with good rep/established members. £1450 on PH and £1400 on here, but willing to negotiate**

I have owned the car for over 4 years now, the car is surplus to requirements now and I have decided to sell. I love this car and hope it brings someone else some enjoyment.

The car currently has 181,000 KM on the clock which translate as 112,000 Miles. There is no trouble with the engine, it starts and runs very smoothly. The speedo still runs in KM so the millage is KM, but the dial reads MPH, so you know how fast you're going on UK roads. It is important to service a turbo car regularly so the oil is frequently changed. The car has recently been serviced with new engine and gearbox oil. As well as new brake pads front and back. Also car has recently had a new battery with 2 years warranty from Unipart.

The car is a 1.3 lite engine, with turbocharger. Car has MOT and TAX until September 2013.

Modifications to the car are as follows:
*Front Mounted Intercooler
*BLITZ Blow Off Valve
*JAM (JDM) Manifold
*Decat
*HKS Highpower Silent Exhaust
*HKS Actuator
*Uprated paddle clutch (installed less than 6000 miles ago, and uprated gearbox mount)
*TRD Suspension
*TRD Shortshift Gearchange Kit
*Front Strut Brace
*Rear CUSCO Strut Brace
*Greenstuff brake pads (FRONT)
*SAMCO Red hose kit
*Magnacor ignition leads
*Fuel pressure regulator
*APEXI Air Filter
*SPARCO JDM NS2 Wheels with Toyo Tyres

With these modification the car produces good power. The interior of the car is standard, comes with an Alpine Cd player and electric windows. Electric mirrors, heated rear windscreen etc. The air con has been removed to produce more horsepower. The car has not been smoked in, doesn't smell bad.

There are videos on Youtube of the car here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5s5GTMcZbk&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg9xVBwSZeM&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRbOClkLwE&feature=youtu.be

There are issues with the car which are:

*Boost creep, the turbocharger produces too much boost for the engine when driven very hard, when the engine detects too much boost it will apply fuel cut to the engine to slow the car down. To resolve this you can either fit a fuel cut defender, or port the turbo - I have been quoted £200 to port the turbo and solve the problem by Starlet Tuning company Tuning Developments - Alternatively if you were to do a TD04 conversion that would replace the turbo - or drive the car nice and relaxed and no over boosting will happen (Can go up to 4000RPM).

*The rear passenger side brake caliper makes a slight squeal when going at slow speed, this in no way effects braking and it has passed an MOT with this problem. It has been going on for a few months now, and hasn't got any worse. The caliper may need a rebuild/new pads.
I had a chap come out and look at the car, took him for a test drive and he thinks this is the wheel bearing. He knows more than me about cars so rather than the brake this could be the wheel bearing - which has been mentioned by a previous garage.

*There is a scrape in the passenger door where my brother drove into it on the driveway instead of reversing. See pictures.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me. You can call, if you can't get through please send a text message and I will call you back.

With some TLC this car will be great, I had it as a first car and it has been a fantastic experience. It would be ideal for a forge or TD04 conversion as it already has an uprated clutch. Car can be viewed in Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield)

Pictures:

img1088k.jpg

img1090wl.jpg

img1095q.jpg

img1109bw.jpg

Contact Details: Call or text me - 07792028428

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Collection

Last edited by a moderator: