innovate wideband

BoostJunkie

Member +
ok guys got an innovate wideband fitted to the gt and using the db gauge with it

now it lights up and flashes 7.4 on the screen and keeps flashing i start the engine it continues to do so not giving me a reading of the afr ?

wired up the calibration switch with the led done all the correct fitment as everything is lighting up and working my only thought is once i done the free air calibration is that it i may have disconnected the battery could that be the problem ? and i need to do another free air calibration ?

whiteglanzav

Member +
ok guys got an innovate wideband fitted to the gt and using the db gauge with it

now it lights up and flashes 7.4 on the screen and keeps flashing i start the engine it continues to do so not giving me a reading of the afr ?

wired up the calibration switch with the led done all the correct fitment as everything is lighting up and working my only thought is once i done the free air calibration is that it i may have disconnected the battery could that be the problem ? and i need to do another free air calibration ?

u sure you did it right buddy as mine still goes on once the battri has been disconnected

it flashes 7.4 then after a few secs gives your proppa reading

i'd try it again mate

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
check your connection mate.. re-check all wireing.. mine flashes a bit (thats when its warming the sensor) and gives me a reading after a few sec

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Is it doing it all the time or after a burn? Where is the sensor mounted? It shouldn't need a new calibration after disconnecting the battery as it ignition live anyway, no power gets to it when the ignition is off regardless of whether the battery is in or not.

Nayls

Member +
have you wired in the little led? it will flash a fault code if you have.

i done a group buy on these on another forum a couple years back & well over half of the 60+ units got returned.

i'd get rid if i were you.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

i done a group buy on these on another forum a couple years back & well over half of the 60+ units got returned.

and what was the problem with them? as far as i know many highly rate them!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
They are great units as long as you wire them in properly. They are very picky with their grounds. Although it says to wire them into the same earthing point it has been found that wiring the system and analogue grounds to the ECU ground and the heater to another ground works well due to the 'noise' produced by the heater ground.

whiteglanzav

Member +

well half the people who bought them must of been thick if you read the instructions and have basic wiring knowledge its a piece of piss - if not get an auto electrical engineer to sort it - very good accurate piece of kit and i am forever looking at mine

Nayls

Member +
well half the people who bought them must of been thick if you read the instructions and have basic wiring knowledge its a piece of piss - if not get an auto electrical engineer to sort it - very good accurate piece of kit and i am forever looking at mine

yeah obviously!! :rolleyes:

the problem was with the sensor,innovate admitted the fault shortly after (yes i know its a bosch sensor not innovate but it's in there kit) & there was a delay with getting replacements.

maybe the topic starter has one of the faulty batch??

i know they're an excellent piece of kit when working,my one was faultless as were others.

if you google "problem with lc-1 or lc-1 7.4"im sure you will find a lot of people with problems with them

Nayls

Member +
then innovate has nothing to do... there controller is great!

the gauge has nothing to do with innovate either ;) but is sold as part of the kit.

the bosch sensor is used with most widebands but only the lc-1 seems to have a high return/fault rate with the sensor???

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
the gauge has nothing to do with innovate either ;) but is sold as part of the kit.

the bosch sensor is used with most widebands but only the lc-1 seems to have a high return/fault rate with the sensor???

why does the gauge has nothing to do with innovate?

TurboDave

Member +
Mine is shit, worked for about 2 months and now I have the dreaded flashing 7.4 constantly.

It worked fine for 2 months and then all of a sudden started flashing 7.4 and it hasnt stopped since.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i thought the constant flashing 7.4 was when it looses its memory and needs re-calibrating???

mine has been perfect too.

TurboDave

Member +
i thought the constant flashing 7.4 was when it looses its memory and needs re-calibrating???

mine has been perfect too.

Maybe but its only been in there for 3 months and I dont want to be removing the sensor and re-fitting the calibration wire every 2 months! I havent done anything for it to loose its memory :).

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Maybe but its only been in there for 3 months and I dont want to be removing the sensor and re-fitting the calibration wire every 2 months! I havent done anything for it to loose its memory :).

you can calibrate it after a day without using it.

if its only 3 months o why not send it back?

TurboDave

Member +
you can calibrate it after a day without using it.

if its only 3 months o why not send it back?

Because I bought it off eBay and it came from America so I would probably be pissing into the wind at face height, I will try to recalibrate it but messing up after such a short time will probably make me buy a different brand next time.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Because I bought it off eBay and it came from America so I would probably be pissing into the wind at face height, I will try to recalibrate it but messing up after such a short time will probably make me buy a different brand next time.

i got it from america too.. seems fine for now!!! make sure earths and connections are good!

kieran.s gt

Member +
I don't rate them either mine is nothing but trouble new sensors overheating after 2 runs loses its calibration setting aswell