Insurance changing with in 24hours

Joshua.J

Fresh Recruit
Hi all, got a quote on a glanza v for £954 with admiral now i know some of you say your not insured but i selected the V(imp) one.

I selected the quote saved the REF number and phoned them the next day to get some guy in america say he cant find the quote and it hasnt been saved.

So i decided to do another quote which now comes back from admiral and elephant you must be 21yrs of age to be insured? Can anyone inform me whats happened have they just decided to change there polices or is it just for me only.

:confused:

Dean-Dak

Member +
I was insured on my v at 20 with elephant for about 700. I have just renewed my policy but I am 21 now. For a few other import cars I tried to insure when I was 20 they wouldn't quote me.

Joshua.J

Fresh Recruit
I just dont understand i got a quote 3months back for £1,050, then £950 now must be 21yrs old.

Anyone else insured with them under 21?

Yer it was saved on the day closed the box phoned them the next day and it had gone not in my saved section on admiral and the REF code was useless.

nazzurro19

Member +
it took me 3 different insurance one claim, one argument and i only just managed to get insured legit and im 20 1 yrs experience, and im with the insurance factory and brokers are highways good luck pal mine wernt cheap 1600 !

scot-ish

Member +
i think the quotes only last so many hours, thats what quinn direct say

admiral quotes last a month.

they also email you with the quote, and a number to call to take the policy out, i just done this, now with admiral, absolutely raped my renewal

last company was £1600 tpft last year, 1 years ncb, got my renewal, £2200 with 2yrs ncb.

admiral online, £660 fully comp.

nice one admiral

oh, mine is limited mileage of 3000 per year aswell.

Joshua.J

Fresh Recruit
Seems some of you are getting cheapish quotes, just cant understand why its saying 21yrs of age now when some of you are with them under 21.

Johnboy GT

Member +
Ive had mine 14 months, and im 20 now. But still isnt cheap.. Ive gave up arguing with insurnce companies, if they give me a quote i can afford i take it. Saves me the greys!

churcherj

Member +
Seems some of you are getting cheapish quotes, just cant understand why its saying 21yrs of age now when some of you are with them under 21.

i know people who are with admiral and are paying quite cheap for a glanza v, although it doesnt seem to be quite legit, people have tried to claim and they have said they dont cover them, think its a fault with their online quote system. they also HATE mods, now every glanza i know has mods so theres no way they will insure them, trust me i used to work within the bell/admiral insurance group.

im 20 and the cheapest i found was sky which was 1300 tpf+t with limited mileage of 4000.

adrian flux was also abit more but still quite competitive, seriously i wud steer people clear of admiral they havent a clue what they are talking about, each time you ring u will get a different opinion as to whether they insure glanzas or under 21's, doesnt that say something about their company!? wud u rele want to pay insurance to them and if u crashed or had your car nicked for them to not pay out?

up to you tho mate, just my 2p :)

malcolmgt

Member +
i have been with bell since i was 19, (bell, elephant and admiral all same company in the admiral group).

i now pay £500 and im 21 with no no claims

scot-ish

Member +
i know people who are with admiral and are paying quite cheap for a glanza v, although it doesnt seem to be quite legit, people have tried to claim and they have said they dont cover them, think its a fault with their online quote system. they also HATE mods, now every glanza i know has mods so theres no way they will insure them, trust me i used to work within the bell/admiral insurance group.

im 20 and the cheapest i found was sky which was 1300 tpf+t with limited mileage of 4000.

adrian flux was also abit more but still quite competitive, seriously i wud steer people clear of admiral they havent a clue what they are talking about, each time you ring u will get a different opinion as to whether they insure glanzas or under 21's, doesnt that say something about their company!? wud u rele want to pay insurance to them and if u crashed or had your car nicked for them to not pay out?

up to you tho mate, just my 2p :)

get the sack mate?

sound quite bitter

Joshua.J

Fresh Recruit
Well phoned admiral and he said they dont insure glanzas to me, i told him i know people who are insured with them that own glanzas he just told me in a arzy attitude they dont anymore. So hung up.

So im looking around now.

starbuck

Member +
Joshua. You got your car now then? I'll have to keep an eye out for you in Telford. What part you from?

Have you tried gocompare.com? I'm sure i saw Glanza V on the drop down list sometime ago....

Joshua.J

Fresh Recruit
Nah havnt got the car yet aiming to buy one in the next 2months if i can get insurance. Im from muxton, where abouts you from in telford?

I have seen a black one go up to tescos a couple of times, if thats you.

Last edited:

starbuck

Member +
Dawley for me.

Well there is 2 black Quadlight GTs in telford one with white 5 spokes and me with white multispokes. The other one is more likely to be the tesco goer, i don't do the tesco meets much. Only to do my shops LOL :haha: I'm usually seen up and down the M54 between the 41 and junc 5.

Joshua.J

Fresh Recruit
Oh right how many are in telford?

i remember seeing last year one blond haired lad use to go down a fair bit to the tesco meets but havnt seen him since. Then only seen the other black one at the tesco meets or driving around oaken.

starbuck

Member +
As far as i know there are 2 Black ep82 Quadlights. Mine and the other lads. One White Glanza with White Alloys (Wellington area) and another glanza in Shifnal i think.

scot-ish

Member +
admiral quotes last a month.

they also email you with the quote, and a number to call to take the policy out, i just done this, now with admiral, absolutely raped my renewal

last company was £1600 tpft last year, 1 years ncb, got my renewal, £2200 with 2yrs ncb.

admiral online, £660 fully comp.

nice one admiral

oh, mine is limited mileage of 3000 per year aswell.

cancel this lol,

i just had to cancel my policy, i made a fuck up, was sure there convictions option i was asked in the last 3 years, and accidents in the last five, but its the other way around, so i have a TT99 that wasnt declared, got my policy through yesterday, foned them up today, and told them, and they dont insure anyone with a TT99, so i had to cancel, with a nice £80 charge for me.

my problem, so i had to pay, now looking for insurance when i get home, but i seem to be gettin mad quotes for this wee car. just done a quote for a 2004 wrx sti type uk there, and coming in at £2700 all declared. so if the starlet aint around a grand, with my convictions, im gunna be buying a new motor.