Insurance claim help required!

Tobz91

Member +
Hi, I recently was borrowing a car, I took it for a clean and hoover out after, I was coming back down the road I was dropping it off on and a car was parking/adjusting and he hit me!

Basically he said he wasn't moving and his story does not add up with him saying he drove it then his wife was, the cars a company car so god knows if he's really insured for out of hours use.

Anyhow with the fact I was driving and I had one passenger where do I stand with proving it to the insurance company?

His wheel caused the damage, he was full lock at the time and as he pulled out his tyre went into my wheel and arch. IF he was not moving my front bumper would have been damaged - Cars don't drive diaganally (sp?).

He had a passenger and I think he was with a friend, so how can I prove it 3 of them 2 of us? I have some good photographic evidence. His car has a bent wishbone - only slgihtly. THe car I was driving needs a wheel, tyre, arch, door, possibly some paint work further down it!

I really want to keep my first NCB, and before it's asked I was fully insured to drive it with my Third Party Extension.

What shall I do?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ASHep82

Member +
I don't think the passengers can be witnesses I could be wrong tho mate the best thing to do Is tell you're local police and let you're insurance know.you're insurance will investigate and come to a conclusion.

dan-gt

Member +
Hi mate recently had a friend go through all this and he just left it for the insurance company to fight it out and they ended up with a 50/50 blame situation all i could suggest is hit them with as many pictures as evidance and write a complete portfolio of the facts leading upto the accident during any small details that dont even seem fully relevant any small thing he may have said after hope this helps mate real shitty situation :(