intercooler pipe

glanza/001

Fresh Recruit
alrite all could do with some help please the bottom pipe off the intercooler has a gasket on the flange. the gasket has split and i think its losing preasure. could that be sealed with grade 101 sealant with a made up gasket with thick card or does the gasket need to be heat treated thanks for any help cheers dave

it does not need anything fancy,.u can use sealant on both edges, build a new gasket using gasket paper, buy a new gasket

if your gasket is badly damaged u should take it off all together and maybe use sealant until u can get a replacement gasket-----gaskets just give a better/professional finish to me:)

if the gasket just has a small split,,,u can use some sealant over it to make things right---but u could still try to get a new gasket later on

PS-i somehow dont see a torn/damaged gasket in that area causing a serious boost leak though----assuming i'm correct in which gasket u mean:haha:
ALSO, done use excessive sealant, u just need a thin layer pasted lightly on the surface area

Last edited: