Is it possible to fit climate control in place of a knob heater control?

Tobz91

Member +
As above really, I fancy tidying it up a little with the climate control system instead is this possible/hard? anyone know whats involved?

Jay

Admin
From what I've seen the manual and electric heating systems differ in a lot of ways, the control panel is only a small part of the system, for example the manual heater box would need all of the electrical motors fitted to in order for the controls to move the directional flaps. There's also the minefield of wiring those motors into the dash loom which melts my head even thinking about it.. Not saying it can't be done but whether it's worth the hassle is the big question mate!

Jay

starletsy

Member +
Jay is right, if this is on a Glanza you will need the switches, dash loom and heater box. Then you have to worry about getting the correct dash loom as early and late ones differ with the indicator staks. So the stalks and plugs are different plus the brackets that hold the stalks are different and these are welded to the coulmn and after all that the plastics that surround the stalks are different.

Jay

Admin
Jesus I'd forgotten about the absolute ballache that is the Glanza steering column assembly lol..

They really hate to make things easy huh?

starletsy

Member +
They do indeed Jay those plastics that surround the column there is 3 diffent types depending on year and what air bag system is fitted!