JAG's Black 98' Hybrid Glanza V

JAG

Member +
JAG's Black 98' Hybrid Glanza V - £3500ono

For Sale:
Kouki 1998 EP91
Toyota Starlet Glanza V, Metallic Black 205 (JDM Import)
1331cc 4E-FTE
135000KM

Item Condition/Extra Information:
I’m unfortunately have to sell my beloved Glanza. Reason being I'm off on a round the world trip and the money locked up in it is somewhat key to travelling. + I don't really like the idea of it sitting around rotting not being used for a year.... I had planned on keeping it for many more years, but needs must and in a bid to make me more of a well rounded enlightened individual it's time for me to sell up and leave the starlet scene.

This is probably one of the sweetest examples of a Glanza you'll find without shed loads being spent on it to rebuild/forge the engine and respray the bodywork. The Paintwork still sparkles beautifully in the sun with loads of flake in the paint which looks wicked (and more like a custom paint job than a standard one), although it has minor stone chips on front end due to the age of the car. It also won the 'Best Glanza' award at JAE 2011 on the UK Starlet Club stand.

I've done/had a lot of work done since buying the car from an Importer in 2009 modification as well as general upkeep wise, although never encounter any problems like a number of starlet owners, which throws them into turmoil with their car.

The engine runs sweet and starts every time and I've always warmed the car up and down and run it on Tesco 98 Momentum or Shell V Power (depending which petrol station is closer) to make sure it lives a happy little life as well as to increase its lifespan. The car currently has 135000KM on the clock all original JDM mileage with the dials still running in KM as oppose to having a converter bolted on and messing with the mileage mixing it into KM + MPH however with this the 112mph restriction on the engine (standard jap import spec) is still there, so the cars never gone that fast as I've never hit the speed limiter.

The car has all the original Japanese owner's manuals and service history, along with service history and 95% of receipts for modifications (odd bits and bobs brought off close friends etc not accounted for receipt wise).
It's Taxed and MOT'd until the end of Feb.
Recently replaced driver and passenger window seals, new flat blade wipers on the front, and both outer CV boots and all brake pads replace as well as just having an oil and filter change a week ago.
There was a problem with one of the ABS sensors until a few days ago however I have replaced the faulty sensor so the ABS is now back up and running, (no dodgy taking out the blub rubbish here).
Just had the drivers wheel bearing changed as well as put a new alternator belt on so no more gay belt noises :)

Only thing that lets the car down is the driver door handle retaining clip has snapped and driver door handle has floppy feel and does not spring back to sit flush with the door (can easily be switched with a second hand part from a starlet being broken just not had any time to source one myself)
I also have a whole host of other bits and bobs from silicon hosing to standard seats that will be going with the car, extra headlight bulbs etc.

Price and price conditions:
£3500 ono

Standard Spec:
- ABS braking system
- Central Locking
- Power Steering
- Driver & Passenger Airbag
- 'Skinny' space save spare wheel

Engine Mods:
- NGK Irridium Grade 7 Spark Plugs
- Magnicor 8mm Ignition Leads
- Road Runner Mild Steel Manifold
- Front Mounted A'PEXi Power Intake
- HKS Hi-Power Silent Exhaust System (Mid Silencer Removed)
- HKS Adjustable Actuator
- Tongs GT Spec II Hybrid Turbo
- HKS DB Meter RS Electronic Boost Gauge
- Air-con Removed

The boost controller is currently set up to run at 0.5 - 0.7 bar as a safe daily drive level on the hybrid as I wanted this car to last in the long run as I wasn't planning on selling it anywhere near this soon.

Interior Mods:
- Thatcham Cat 1 Auto Watch Alarm and immobiliser with Build in Turbo Timer
- Razo Pedals (clutch and brake Japman didn't install accelerator...)
- Razo Gear Nob
- Pioneer DEH-P40MP Head unit with MP3 connection
- Pioneer Carrozzeria CDX-P1270, 12 Stack Disc Changer
- Pioneer Carrozzeria DS-464A Dome Tweeters
- Pioneer Carrozzeria 4inch MidbasTS-C1000A 4" 100w speaker (Only 1 due to car being imported with only one so currently hooked up to passenger side)
- Pioneer Carrozzeria TS-A90 Air-Link Type 4-way Horn tweeter with compression driver & 6" x 9"woofer 150w Speakers
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII Recaro Seat fitted with Bride Sub frame
- Hybrid Recaro/Glanza Passenger Seat (Recaro & Glanza seat fitted together to give the looks of a Recaro but bolted onto the standard Glanza seat.
- JDM flair
- OEM Glowing Ignition Barrel
- OEM Foot Well Lights
- OEM Cup holder
- OEM Starlet Floor Mats (Driver side somewhat perished under accelerator pedal)

Exterior Mods:
- Black Stealth Badges
- Rear Toyota Badges Removed
- Front Glanza Badge Removed
- Number Plate Surround Rear Fog Light
- Blue/Black Tinted Rear Windows
- Xenon 100w H4 Headlight Bulbs
- Xenon 55w HC3 Front Fog Light Bulbs
- 4 LED 501 Sidelight Bulbs
- 4 LED 501 Rear Number Plate Bulbs
- Reflet Rear JDM Lenses
- OEM Wind Deflectors
- OEM Kouki front splitter
- OEM Kouki Indicator Units

Handling Mods:
- Whiteline Panhard Rod
- Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
- Spax SSX 40mm Lowering Springs
- KYB Excel-G Shock Absorbers
- Rays Light Weight Duralumin Wheel Nuts
- Enkei RPF1 Allow Wheels
- OEM Front Strut Brace
- OEM Kouki Facelift Front Splitter

Pictures:
_MG_2132.jpg

_MG_2133.jpg

_MG_2134.jpg

_MG_2135.jpg

_MG_2136.jpg

_MG_2137.jpg

_MG_2138.jpg

_MG_2139.jpg

_MG_2144.jpg

_MG_2145.jpg

_MG_2148.jpg

_MG_2149.jpg

_MG_2151.jpg

_MG_2152.jpg

_MG_2153.jpg

_MG_2155.jpg

_MG_2156.jpg

_MG_2160.jpg

_MG_2161.jpg

_MG_2163.jpg

_MG_2165.jpg

_MG_2166.jpg

_MG_2167.jpg

_MG_2172.jpg

_MG_2175.jpg

_MG_2178.jpg

_MG_2182.jpg

_MG_2183.jpg

_MG_2185.jpg

_MG_2186.jpg

_MG_2187.jpg

_MG_2188.jpg

_MG_2190.jpg

_MG_2191.jpg

_MG_2192.jpg

_MG_2193.jpg

_MG_2194.jpg

_MG_2196.jpg

_MG_2197.jpg

_MG_2198.jpg

_MG_2199.jpg

_MG_2200.jpg

Then shot these a few days later in nice weather (cars a bit dirty but gives you an idea of the flake in the paint)
_MG_2204.jpg

_MG_2206.jpg

_MG_2207.jpg

_MG_2208.jpg

_MG_2209.jpg

_MG_2211.jpg

_MG_2212.jpg

_MG_2213.jpg

_MG_2214.jpg

_MG_2215.jpg

_MG_2216.jpg

_MG_2218.jpg

_MG_2219.jpg

_MG_2220.jpg

_MG_2221.jpg

_MG_2223.jpg

_MG_2224.jpg

Contact Details:
James Garner aka JAG
Mobile: 07557470155
Email: jagcool@msn.com

Last edited:

Mikey B

Lifer
Try reading bud it's in the add!

Price and price conditions:
£4000 (No less.)
I've had lots of people asking about part exchanges which I may be willing to do providing I get at least £3500 my way and a cheap banger to that will run and not need any work done on it. (Would prefer a Mk1 MX5 leaking roof and gaffe-tape all over the back window very acceptable)

JAG

Member +
Try reading bud it's in the add!

I'm pretty sure their the RPF01's off your car mate :p
If your the Mikey B that used to have a Black 96' spec with them on? ;)
Black with a blue flake in the paint and blue valves, I still 1 green valve cap to, feral children stole the rest...

chill man just asked as i briefly read the add.. Is it all the original paint work ??
Gotta say it is a HUGE block of text, so understandable :p
N yup pretty much mate,
apart from the odd small spot of 'Original JDM' fresh touch-up which came over with the car on the boat. :)
But the flake in the paint is mental for a standard paint job, it's what sold me the car in the first place ;)
x

Topher-EP82

Member +
Oooooooooft i'd love to dude, mine is for sale on here also..

wanna buy it :p

lol.. just thought i'd say how clean it is as so many tatty ones about its good to see nice ones :D

niteryder84

Member +
i dont post much on here but have been lurking for a long time. i can vouch for how uber clean this 91 is and if i had the dollar i would buy it in a heartbeat!

JAG

Member +
Bump!
New updated pictures!
Some when the weather was crap but the car was lovely and clean then it started raining so shot a load more the next day as it was sunny to give you an idea of the paint job ;)
x

JAG

Member +
Just had the drivers wheel bearing change and replaced the alternator belt so shes now back to being her PERFECT self ;)

Price is still £3500 and just forked out £150 for the work on her.
This is an absolutle bargin for what your getting
All high quality parts used: HKS, Blitz, Enkei, Recaro, Tongs, Whiteline, no cheap second rate parts, all the stuff on her is the best I could source.
On top of that she's in better condition than 95% of the starlets out there throughout.
Viewings welcome, as no one has yet to view her?

Galen

Lifer
Very nice car that, cant beat black! And those reflet rear lenses look great, think it might be time to invest in a set!

Good luck with the sale