GlanzaV1.3

Member +
Where can i buy a Jam ECU from? :confused:

I searched the forum but everything i typed in came up with "No Matches"

I cant google it either, i dont get anything

Thanks guys

Garry

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lol.. for 130 usd ud b lucky to get a jam fcc (ie fcd) ..

jam ecu's for the ep91 are rare as rocking horse shit & usually go around the 400gbp mark..

kon

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
lol.. for 130 usd ud b lucky to get a jam fcc (ie fcd) ..

jam ecu's for the ep91 are rare as rocking horse shit & usually go around the 400gbp mark..

kon

I know i thought he might take my offer

They are quite rare, but if its worth getting one i will track it down lol

:)

jam ecu is nice......get one if u can (depending on how far u plan to go with the car)....usually in the classified section,,,,,but u have to act fast when they are posted

look ot pay gbp 350 - 500

C

CaL

kilamats could maybe get you one...or jgt maybe....expect to pay £300++for 2nd hand....

99glanzav

Banned
400£ is stupid money to spend on an ecu thats not even mapped properly for your car...i wouldnt pay 200£ for one because your far better off with an emanage or something similar thats actually mapped properly for your setup rather than someone elses....very much over priced ecu imo

dac69er

Super Moderator
now my car is sorted i re-fitted my JAM ecu and am very pleased with it. with a bar its just mental and it just pulls alot harder and doesnt die off so much up the top end like it does with the stock mapping!

yes e-manage is a similar price to buy the unit and harnesses etc but if you have to pay to get it fitted and then mapped it costs alot more.

i know the jam ecu wont be mapped for your specific car but if the car is in a reletively low state of tune (under 200bhp) then there is a reasonable band that the ecu can work within, just like the stock ecu can run anything from a completely stock setup to about 150-160bhp running 0.2bar+ more than standard!

at the end of the day these pre-mapped ecus have nearly always yeilded good results and run perfectyl safe in 99% of cases.

yes an e-manage or power fc is better but whats wrong with trying a jam, blitz, sard pre-mapped ecu? dont knock it till you tried it !!!

99glanzav

Banned
mate has a jam ecu in his 98 glanza,he is getting rid of it for a proper standalone and imo hes dead right,he wants proper maximum gains at the end of the day and you will never get that with a pre mapped jam/sard/blitz compared to standalone....although emanage is a piggyback its head and shoulders above the pre mapped....nothing wrong with the jam etc but not worth the 400£ their fetching imo...

also ''yes e-manage is a similar price to buy the unit and harnesses etc but if you have to pay to get it fitted and then mapped it costs alot more''

that is true it will cost you a small bit more for mapping but the extra gain you get when its mapped properly is well worth a few £££,then again if your going to be tight with cash why bother with doing it right if you are happy to settle for an average gain and second best....?

dac69er

Super Moderator
for fucks sake, i hate peoples attitudes when they are like this. not everyone wants the same out of their car, and people want to try different approaches.
its not all about maximum gains all the time. if everyone did the same we would all have the same car, with the same setup and this forum would be boring as hell.

lighten up for gods sake!

C

CaL

tell your mate i have £300 waiting...btw akki i put ++ at the end