Jap Track/Drift car less £1000???

Tony Harrison

Member +
Hey people,

Do ya think its possible to pick up a Jap motor for basicly gutting out for track and possible drifting, like mx5 say or a 200sx for around £1000?

Doesnt have to be in mega condition, just thought id ask for your thoughts.

I cant bring myself around to stripping my 82, as much as I really want to.

So yeah any ideas??

Ta

Tyler

starbogt

Member +
standard mx-5 has bugger all power for drifting mate... as for doing it for less than a grand ! possible if you get the right deals!

Tony Harrison

Member +
Ha, ah well.

Its just I have that £££ spunk on summat atm and its right buring a hole in my bank account.

Looking around and most 200sx go for about £2000 upwards, in which case I think I would keep on saving buy an RX7 and chop the Starbo in.

And after seeing the sideways sliders (sorry) at Donny, it always gets me thinking sexy thoughts.

AdDaMan

Member +
Mate you can buy a drift ready volvo 340 for about £500-£700.
Trust me that will do you fine.
I learnt to drift in one and they are the tits :)

Tony Harrison

Member +
That has cropped up in my mind afew times about the Ovlovs but I dont think I can just bring myself to it, haha, I mean could I?

Im known as a young man who has had wierd and wonderful motors, but it may a bit too odd.

Tony Harrison

Member +
Ill bear that in mind Streetracer man.

Keep the suggestions coming guys, I need sleep and the missus is partly clothed in bed too, I bid you farewell 'till tomoro.

Cheers

AdDaMan

Member +
That has cropped up in my mind afew times about the Ovlovs but I dont think I can just bring myself to it, haha, I mean could I?

Im known as a young man who has had wierd and wonderful motors, but it may a bit too odd.

its not weird at all mate! everyone knows what its for!! lowered stripped out buckets welded diff and minilites or equivalent and thats it done mate.
DO IT!

goldenvtr

Member +
standard mx-5 has bugger all power for drifting mate... as for doing it for less than a grand ! possible if you get the right deals!

that depends, i have no problem atall drifting mine with 14" rims and cappy tyres, has to have an lsd though :p

Beaker

Member +
If you want a track car for under a grand get a Mk1 MR2. Bullet proof mechanics, a 4age screaming away just 6 inches behind your head and handling that will destroy most cars in the corners. Very cheap to buy. Bit difficult to drift but drifting only means you are going slower round a corner:p

stuart

Member +
Ovlov 340 with welded diff and minilites! Like Ad said! Old 3 series BMW again with welded diff... Cheap and cheerful and easy to get skiddin!