Just back from performance HQ

Johnleiper

Member +
Just back from performance HQ big thanks to Russell. He calculated the flywheel power at 210-215. Made 144.9 at the wheels. Fuelling was pretty much bang on and held 1.1 bar all the way through the rev range. Couldn't ask for more.
Drives ace on the road- apart from my 3 buckled wheels ha!

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Russ is some guy, his work has to be one of the best out there and also his overall experience. Glad Rory passed on the recommendation from Mark. What turbo are you using?

Johnleiper

Member +
Yeah thanks to Rory for recommending them.
I'm using a GT spec hybrid CT9 (over 5 years old and no problems yet)
Injectors are maxed out tho:-(

GTdan

In The Closet
those flywheel figures are massive loss add ons...like 40%???? If thats the whp than somewhere around the 170mark would more accurate?

Johnleiper

Member +
those flywheel figures are massive loss add ons...like 40%???? If thats the whp than somewhere around the 170mark would more accurate?

I thought this also but Russell assures me that this is a correct loss from that dyno. I've had 200.9 bhp at the fly from Wallace performance on their dyno. So I trust what he says

Johnleiper

Member +
image.jpg

Johnleiper

Member +
What is the car mapped with?
Its a nice torque curve you have.
Its running a standard ECU with a HKS PFC Fcon + Gcc and fcd. Plus all supporting fueling mods. Shame we couldnt lean off the mid range any more because it needs the fuel top end. Injectors are flat out tho!

Rory

Lifer
No problem John, glad your happy :)
Id look into getting either a RRFPR or swapping out the injectors asap though. You need alot more fuel at the top especially on a standard bottom end.

As for the dyno numbers thats about right. Mainline reads alot under the like of the Dyno dynamics dynos and most others! A true heart breaker dyno :haha:

Yeah thanks to Rory for recommending them.
I'm using a GT spec hybrid CT9 (over 5 years old and no problems yet)
Injectors are maxed out tho:-(

Johnleiper

Member +
No problem John, glad your happy :)
Id look into getting either a RRFPR or swapping out the injectors asap though. You need alot more fuel at the top especially on a standard bottom end.

As for the dyno numbers thats about right. Mainline reads alot under the like of the Dyno dynamics dynos and most others! A true heart breaker dyno :haha:

I already have a rrfpr and a sytek fuel pump mate. Injectors is a must as russ thinks there is more to be had from the turbo. Really need some new wheels too. Yeah only did one power run and that was it

Rory

Lifer
What fuel pressure are you running?
330cc injectors should do you though, I have a set here but one of the caps is broken and im trying to figure out if i can replace it with another!

Johnleiper

Member +
What fuel pressure are you running?
330cc injectors should do you though, I have a set here but one of the caps is broken and im trying to figure out if i can replace it with another!

Not sure mate we didn't put a gauge on to check since it was fuelling ok. Yeah I was looking for some last night. Think speedvision do them?

Rory

Lifer
The dyno doesnt give out FWHP Chris, it only gives out WHP, and Russ does a quick calc in his head and gives a "rough" FWHP number.

It really is a heart breaker dyno :haha:

I already have a rrfpr and a sytek fuel pump mate. Injectors is a must as russ thinks there is more to be had from the turbo. Really need some new wheels too. Yeah only did one power run and that was it

Novice alert!

Can someone just explain to me what "more out of the turbo" refers to here? As the injectors are running out of puff the engine would surely run lean and that would give more power up to a certain point, so how can you get more out of the turbo with bigger injectors which can add more fuel, making it richer and therefore less power but safer? So confused! haha