Just been intentionally rammed

sdutton007

Member +
I've just been intentionally rammed off the road by a farmer in his Nissan Navara.

I was going down the road on the way back to work, came round a bend (within the speed limit) and there was a Nissan Navara coming straight towards me in the middle of the road. I slammed the brakes on and had to mount the grass verge to avoid hitting him.

Since there was no damage and I had to get back to work, I continued (rather pissed off) only to find there was a giant yellow farm vehicle taking up both lanes coming towards me so I was forced to reverse 200m back past the Navara (only to say "Do that again you f*cking c*nt" at which point the farmer (who is a LOT bigger than me) told me to get out the car and he'll sort it out then and there. I continued to reverse and pulled completely off the road.

He then swerved straight into me as he came past while I was parked up, taking out the front end of my EP82, then carried on his way. After a few seconds of shock, I followed him to get his numberplate while ringing the police. I got ahead of him to attempt to get him to stop but he just went straight past half on the grass. I then got ahead of him again. After a couple of minutes I saw a police car and flagged it down, told him the truck behind had just rammed me and then he let the Navara continue on his way.

The officer said he knows the owner who is a local farmer and he will go and speak to him later. He then ran MOT/insurance/Tax checks on my car. Once he'd finished being useless he said he'd let me know what happens and he left.

What can I do? The farmer in the Navara and the one in the giant yellow farm thing are going to make something up together and the police are going to do f*ck all as per normal. I haven't told the insurance yet and I have a banging headache and my neck is starting to hurt.

I need help with what I can do - he has smashed up my car with his 2 tonne tank which probably has a tiny scratch on it and the police WILL let him get away with it because it would actually require them to do some work!

PLEASE HELP!

***I will post up pics of the damage when I get home from work.

Last edited:

sdutton007

Member +
Here is an approximate image of how he rammed me:
accidentu.png

Yes, my car was parked at a slight angle after reversing 200m down the road to get out of the yellow farm thing's way, but it was definately OFF the road so even if I hadnt watched him swerve into me, there was no way it could be accidental.

If you have injuries mate go to the a&e get checked out injuries etc ... Will then be recorded then contact the police about it again if you've not heard from them

personally I'd av hit him that many times he'd have thought he was surrounded lol

AdDaMan

Member +
shit thats nasty mate. youre right though, they will definately make something up and fuck you over. if i was you id find his farm and fuck his navara up with a baseball bat (or a brick)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Shit dude, that sucks. Have you gone over what damage has been done? If its just a matter of getting new bumper, few other bits that isnt gonna cost a furtune, the i would avoid going through the insurance and as Adam said above, do a little research over the next few weeks and find out where its parked and do it some damage lol.

nazzurro19

Member +
do over the farm vehicles , tractor etc they cost a shit load more then a navara and also he cant work without his tractors lol

Gtstu

Member +
I would go to a+e and complain of neck ache then claim injury it's the only way to you will have a chance against them

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I'd head into the police station and report it to a cop that isn't mates with the farmer, for all you know the cop will just tell you he went to see him even if he didn;t just to keep his mate sorted.

AdamB

Member +
Go to the police and report it with them as an official incident. Give them the reg number and say that he failed to stop as he carried on driving. Say that you was in too much shock to chase him after that, and you feared that he could do more damage.
Claim some injury compensation, then go and do over his tractors and whatever else, bit of petrol and a match works wonders.

Definitely go to the Police station and speak to a different officer. Get a crime number etc. If this guy gets convicted he will get fucked:

Failing to Stop/Give Particulars after an accident (AC10) (AC20)
The Offence
Being the driver of a mechanically propelled vehicle, owing to the presence of which on a road an accident occurred whereby personal injury or damage was caused to another person or another vehicle or an animal not in the vehicle, or property on or near the road, then failed to stop or on being required by a person to give your name and address and the name and address of the owner and the identity mark of the vehicle, failed to do so.

Maximum Penalty
6 months imprisonment and/or fine not exceeding Level 5
Endorsement with 5-10 penalty points
Discretionary disqualification

Comment
You only have to stop and give your particulars if someone (other than you) or something (not in the other vehicle) is injured in the incident, or if you cause any damage to another vehicle or to anything else on or by the roadside (eg a lampost, fence or wall).

Failing to Report an Accident (AC10)
The Offence
Being the driver of a mechanically propelled vehicle, owing to the presence of which on a road an accident occurred whereby personal injury was caused to another person, and not having given your name and address to a person having reasonable grounds for requiring you to do so, failed to report the accident at a police station or to a constable as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours of the occurrence of the accident.

Maximum Penalty
6 months imprisonment and/or fine not exceeding Level 5
Endorsement with 5-10 penalty points
Discretionary disqualification
If you could somehow take pictures (with stealth mode activated) of his front bumper this would corroborate your version of events. Good luck dude, let us know what happens.

P.S Don't "Fuck his shit up" until you have absolutely no other options, leave it for a while as well if you do. Not that I'm condoning that. :p

Just to add to what I wrote above, he may just say that he didn't want to give you his name and address for obvious reasons but did stop and give you his numberplate. So just be cautious that he might say that. Also, did you threaten him or did the other farmer threaten you?

Last edited:

sdutton007

Member +
I would go to a+e and complain of neck ache then claim injury it's the only way to you will have a chance against them

If you have injuries mate go to the a&e get checked out injuries etc ... Will then be recorded then contact the police about it again if you've not heard from them

personally I'd av hit him that many times he'd have thought he was surrounded lol

My neck still has a dull ache so I definately need to go see a doctor or A&E.

And i couldnt really ram him - it would be like a fly attacking an elephant.

Shit dude, that sucks. Have you gone over what damage has been done? If its just a matter of getting new bumper, few other bits that isnt gonna cost a furtune, the i would avoid going through the insurance and as Adam said above, do a little research over the next few weeks and find out where its parked and do it some damage lol.

Bumper, bonnet, wing, headlight, indicator, numberplate, the bar the bumper sits on, the bar the headlights attach to, and the alarm keeps going off because the bonnet is bent up so alarm sensor is not pressed.

I'd head into the police station and report it to a cop that isn't mates with the farmer, for all you know the cop will just tell you he went to see him even if he didn;t just to keep his mate sorted.

I have already taken it further because the way that officer handled it was a joke.

Go to the police and report it with them as an official incident. Give them the reg number and say that he failed to stop as he carried on driving. Say that you was in too much shock to chase him after that, and you feared that he could do more damage.
Claim some injury compensation, then go and do over his tractors and whatever else, bit of petrol and a match works wonders.

Saving the petrol and match for his face...

Definitely go to the Police station and speak to a different officer. Get a crime number etc. If this guy gets convicted he will get fucked:

If you could somehow take pictures (with stealth mode activated) of his front bumper this would corroborate your version of events. Good luck dude, let us know what happens.

P.S Don't "Fuck his shit up" until you have absolutely no other options, leave it for a while as well if you do. Not that I'm condoning that. :p

Just to add to what I wrote above, he may just say that he didn't want to give you his name and address for obvious reasons but did stop and give you his numberplate. So just be cautious that he might say that. Also, did you threaten him or did the other farmer threaten you?

He won't get fucked - that would involve the police doing some work!

He was the one that threatened unless you count "do that again you f*cking c*nt" as a threat??? I'd consider him saying to get out the car so he could sort it out as the threat! Especially since he pretty much forced me off the road half a minute earlier.

Si-W

Member +
alright mate, some people are right pricks tbh, farmer, copper for doing checks on you when you requested assistance, you should go report it to the police anyway, go hospital ect, only thing i would say now is given the car positions he could say you pulled from a parked position into his vehicle.

dark_knight

Member +
action points

i dono what i'd feel if i was you right now. most important is to live to fight another day. take all (well, most of the advice :) ) given here and check yourself out - ensure you are in prime health and didn't injure/hurt something even if you don't feel it/any pain atm.

wait for all possible options with the law etc to pan out and if no action comes out of it, i wouldn't mind supporting the ron97-and-match idea :D :p hehehehe
torch the mo-fo up and tell him karma's a [tooooot]..

bugger! i'm so mad right now and it wasn't even me who was hit.. :mad:
hope insurance will not give you the run-around..

sdutton007

Member +
I just spoke to the police again and apparently the farmer is saying I reversed past him at high speed, went past him then slammed on my brakes in front of him... They have given me his insurance details and they consider the case closed. I think I'm going to ring his boss again today and say I want to press charges for hit&run, attempted murder (or whatever it is), threatening behaviour, etc. I also want them to take a look at the pattern of glass at the crash site.

Maybe I should become a stunt driver since apparently I can overtake people while I'm reversing at high speeds on bendy country lanes?

Farmers around here seem to think they rule the roads anyway. And I don't remember seeing in the highway code anything about "If driving a vehicle that takes up the entire road, keep another vehicle in front with no warning signs or lights to run other drivers off the road."

Oh, and they seem to wait until the roads are busy so they can hold up as much traffic as possible. WANKERS

sdutton007

Member +
i dono what i'd feel if i was you right now. most important is to live to fight another day. take all (well, most of the advice :) ) given here and check yourself out - ensure you are in prime health and didn't injure/hurt something even if you don't feel it/any pain atm.

wait for all possible options with the law etc to pan out and if no action comes out of it, i wouldn't mind supporting the ron97-and-match idea :D :p hehehehe
torch the mo-fo up and tell him karma's a [tooooot]..

bugger! i'm so mad right now and it wasn't even me who was hit.. :mad:
hope insurance will not give you the run-around..

Yeah - i'm going to get checked out later.

The policeman has closed the case which I intend to get re-opened.

I really don't know whats worse - the psychos who ram whoever they want just because they're bigger than everyone else, or the policemen who dont even bother doing anything about it...

dark_knight

Member +
pig skin lash

i would say the cops are worse. i'd hang them up and whoop their behind with a lash. the proper 1920 lash made out of pig skin.. buggers!

sdutton007

Member +
The police officer has now given the farmer (who threatened me then rammed my car intentionally) my name and address. If he comes anywhere near my car or house, I swear I will use ANY force I feel necessary to protect myself and my property.

He also said if I take this any further, he will do me for driving without due care and attention.

I am now sure that the farmer and police officer are friends and are trying to scare me so that I don't do anything about it - but I am not letting these c*nts win and I will take it as far as I have to.

aidan

Member +
as said go to the station report get pic of where you were when he hit ya...dont go after him until its finished with and either way if ya get a few pound or not a bit of sugar in the diesel tanks of his tractors will teach him a lesson