Kiwi newbie with RWD 4e-fte :)

4E-FTE KP60

Fresh Recruit
Hello everyone i've just discovered these forums so i firgured i better join up :)

I own a 1983 KP60 Starlet with a 4e-fte transplant
DSC02911.jpg

(Don't worry the oil stains were already there when i parked the car, its not a leaker lol)

DSC02893.jpg

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hey bro thats awesome!

how did u manage to make the 4efte rwd? details details lol :D

welcome to the forum!
kon

HYBRID

just noticed..... IS THAT 4E MOUNTED STRAIGHT?!

gasp.. it doesnt look like its latteral thats for sure lol :eek:

4E-FTE KP60

Fresh Recruit
Sorry guys i only just noticed that i didn't actually put any details about the car up lol

Engine: 4e-fte 1300cc turbo converted to rwd, 3-inch exhaust, Holden commodore fuel pump, Factory supra intercooler front mounted, TRD Leads, Oil cooler, K&N pod, Thermo fan, Omori oil filter relocation kit, HKS BOV, GFB boost controller, HKS Actuator, Racepro Breather Bottle

Gearbox: W55 supra box with custom bell housing, shortened drive shaft

Rear end: AE86 rear end with locked diff

Brakes Front: BMW rotors, Nissan Skyline GTS-T M Spec 4Pot callipers, Mintex race pads

Brakes Rear: Factory AE86 rotors with Mintex race pads

Suspension: Custom made coil overs in front, Custom springs with shortened Gabriel shocks in rear, Front strut brace

Wheels: 14inch Work Equips

Interior: Custom cluster, omori tacho and omori boost, oil press, water temp, oil temp gauges, TRD gear knob, Sparco wheel, 2x Jamex buckets, 2x 6point harness, 6 point roll cage, Heated front screen

Last edited:

4E-FTE KP60

Fresh Recruit
how did u manage to make the 4efte rwd? details details lol

Just did the usual really custom mounts, all new water lines, bashed the firewall for the dizzy, had a bellhousing made up, still using the fwd inlet tho need to get it chopped and swapped but good things take time.

Hello and welcome, Your car looks awesome have you got any more pics ?
I put another pic up, its a race car so its pretty rough and ready.

just noticed..... IS THAT 4E MOUNTED STRAIGHT?!
What do you mean? is it straight in the engine bay?

Last edited:

HYBRID

yeah bro as in its not transverse as usual .. but uv made it like the 4a series engines... ie its not latteral, but straight :D

4E-FTE KP60

Fresh Recruit
Any chance of some pics of the build.I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

No not really sorry i actually brought the car with the motor in it, it just needed to be finished which i have pretty much done over the last year or so just a couple little bits and pieces need doing before i can say its fully finished

Previous owner shared all his secrets with me so i know how it was put together i just don't have any pics of it lol

Ted

Member +
a supra gearbox! thats some car. more pics of engine and underneath! hats off to you sir

4E-FTE KP60

Fresh Recruit
Thanks guys I can't tell you how much it means to find a group of people that actually appreciate and are interested in my car, usually if I post up anything about my car on a forum I seem to get black listed and people will just ignore me or post smart comments which imply I am a liar and the car doesn't exist:(

If you guys are interested i have some videos from a track day a couple of weeks ago(first picture was taken in the pits at that track day), we had major problems with boost creep and hitting the fuel cut so we had to drive watching the boost gauge instead of the tacho, we basicly had to just cruise down the back straight so was good but frustrating day:)
http://www.youtube.com/user/KPOnBoost

Last edited:

azerty

Supermoderator
that's a very nice project you got there !
i really need to go visit new zealand one day :)

Harvey

Member +
mate that is awesome! Nice one

How the hell did you manage to fit skyline 4 pots under 14's!!! Must be a damn close to the wheels!!!

Haha good old christchurch, shame you are not in the christchurch near me in england! Would love to check that car out :)