knock sensor fault

k-coke

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys, my 4e is giving me a hard time understanding what's wrong with it :( . I start up the engine, which is a standard one, and until it's still cold everything is fine but as the temperature starts to rise immediately when I rev it up to 3000 revs a knock sensor fault pops. And It is going lean when I'm going around fast with it and the boost won't kick in very soon ( my guess is it's going into safe mode). I changed the knock sensor, checked pipes for leaks, cleaned the throttle body, checked knock sensor wiring but still the problem persists...any good ideas ?... :/

do you have any diagnostic codes?
without any further information, you can check your map and tps, sensors/connections
maybe also check the oxygen and coolant temperature sensors/connections

Reactions: Jay

SKINY

Lifer
Notorious on the celicas, they go into limp at 1850rpm, the wiring gets old and brittle over time so I'm leaning towards that, then when you switch it off it will reset then soon as it sees the set rpm into gimp mode again

Skalabala

Member +
Well if its lean it will knock, you might be looking for the problem at the wrong place.
You might need a good diagnostic tool that will show you the knock live data etc.