lambda sensor ?

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
of the two sensors plugged into the standard cat on an ep82 turbo, one single wire on the top and a double wire on the bottom which plugs into a plastic connector... which is the actual lambda?

the top sensor wit single wire came out when i was pullin hoses of an as such i dont remember where to put it now :homer: idiot! can someone please tell me or show a pic of where it goes?

dac69er

Super Moderator
do a search mate, its covered almost weekly. top single wire one is the lambda, bottom one is the cat temp sensor. bottom one isnt needed, and the car will run fine with the lambda uplugged for the short term.

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
do a search mate, its covered almost weekly. top single wire one is the lambda, bottom one is the cat temp sensor. bottom one isnt needed, and the car will run fine with the lambda uplugged for the short term.

ino mate dunno y i asked i had a look maanaged 2 find out which was which soon after, main worry was finding out where it went! thats grand mate cheers but in the long term can ya tell me were it goes ?lol

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
There is a plug on the lambda sensor as well, you have probably pulled the wire out of the plug. If you have, just cut the plug off and solder the 2 wires together. If the wire has came right out of the sensor you need a new one, try this one, its what I have in my car and the seller is good...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-TOP-QU...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c0fc849be

think i musthav mate,or else it wasnt plugged in before. but the sensor itself is in good nick so ill hav a look underneath if a clips dropped itl be ther!

dac69er

Super Moderator
Is it a direct fit mate? No soldering needed?

read the post and the ebay item description mate. you need to solder or crimp it on. if you want a direct fit one with the plug then your talking over 10 times that price for a new sensor at least.

Paul_JJ

Member +
You will need to go to Toyota for that, make sure you are sitting down when they tell you the price lol.

I normally sit down when I read my emails from Toyota indeed -) To be honest I'm not sure if my lambda need replacing or not, it seems to be ok. But I remember Texx said that a new Lambda can improve MPG and considering the price it looks like it's worth getting one!

Thanks for the info!