limited boost

SKINY

Lifer
out and about yesterday afternoon and I'm only getting .3 bar boost :( no spool noise or induction noise, car still drives 100% other ways, had a check earlier and all pipes and electrical plugs are ok.
had the fmic core off but that was it.
turbo seals recently have been getting worse, car is/was fine driving and boosting with no smoke but when stopped at lights it will start puffing as the oil pressure on the seal drops
has the turbo said enough is enough folks ?
new kit going on next weekend but still need to sort this first lol Fcuking Toyotas :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
could be as simple as the actuator popped off, or could have failed fully open. the other possibility is that it has finally shat itself and there is so much play that it has contacted the sides and it now doesnt spin very well, hence the low boost pressure.

SKINY

Lifer
thanks buddy, will go disconnect the acuator arm and see if its opening /closing and report back, turbo was dripping with oil when i put the relocated filter pipe on. Perfect timing eh fs lol

SKINY

Lifer
Acuator arm is in Jay's own words "the worst I've ever seen" :cool: end is rotten and splitting so must be a good 5mm play in it.
Turbo now I've it off has some play but I wouldn't call it excesive but certainly some there, seal is bucked too :)

Last edited:

SKINY

Lifer
we'll finally got this sorted today at Jays :) good 2nd hand acuator fitted but didn't make much difference. The Legend had his money on my Gambler dump valve pipe and sure enough he was right, i lifted it up and it was clean split below where you wouldn't see, But even Stevie wonder would have seen it ! How i didn't notice i don't know, we'll i do ;) lol
now running no dump valve and a cheapo boost guage, just not where you'd expect to find one........

Jay

Admin
should-have-gone-c6xizh.jpg

:D:D