Looking at getting this after the starlet

Phil

Super Moderator
fq300? similar from a rolling start to a 260hp ep82.

nice car VERY hard on petrol.

Phil

EDIT as above Chris beat me to it, HARD on petrol.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Don't think this is the FQ300. just evo 7 it says..

How bad is the fuel? Worse than 350z? I'll only be using it at weekends as I get the train to work..

Insurance shouldn't be an issue hopefully.. I'm 28 with 8 years no claims. Currently pay £340 per year on the starlet lol

Tax... £500 ish?

Phil

Super Moderator
Yeah much worse than a 350z.
20mpg if you drive the evo easy. 30 if you drive the 350z easy. (ISH)

weekends only then i wouldnt worry about the fuel really.

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
maybe someone will tell me im 100% wrong but im certain that 20mpg was what my mate was getting average and he potters about.

incidently he then changed to a st-2 focus (2.5l turbo) and it was easier than the evo and then to the 350z and its easier again on fuel.

maybe something to do with the evos injectors/fuel pressure/or stock map, but ive heard of them being v.heavy on fuel from more than him.

Phil

AdamB

Member +
They are very hard on fuel, and require servicing every couple of yards lol. They are expensive to run and maintain thats for sure. Awesome cars though.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
hmmmmm.. thoughts thoughts.. I don't mind too much on fuel to be honest, theres not many times in my life im going to be able to afford a high performance car like this. I love the look and presence of this car, even if I have her for a year, it will be an awesome experience.

H_D

Member +
Personally i would go for an mrfq320 as the mrfq400 parts can b bolted straight on to it....iirc all u need to do is swap the injectors and turbo.
Still a lovely car tho.

rosso321

Member +
Very Thirsty saw one on top hear he was getting 6-8 mpg but I would imagine 20 less mpg. Servicing every 2000k and really bad turning circle.

AdamB

Member +
Personally i would go for an mrfq320 as the mrfq400 parts can b bolted straight on to it....iirc all u need to do is swap the injectors and turbo.
Still a lovely car tho.

Am sure the FQ400 is forged using HKS components though.

gg205rob

Member +
I've got an Evo 4 and going very steady I can get 24 mpg. Average about 19 with mixed driving. I would imagine newer ones to be about the same.
Service every 4.5k. That's engine oil and ayc oil. Gearbox and diff oil every 9k or 12 months.
Parts are stupidly expensive.
All in all expect general high running costs.
Having said that I don't regret having mine for the last 2.5 years at all. Loved every minute of driving it. Absolutely awesome cars.

turboloon

Member +
i had a mr 340 evo 8 and it was a brilliant car..(until i binned the fucker..gutted!!)BUT my starlet i reckon was slightly quicker(forged td04 running 275bhp),and my evo was running aprox. 400 bhp..evo 7 engines are seemingly quite soft anything more than 400bhp.but they are a good car have you thought about a e46 m3...?

Josh-G-tt

Member +
A guy once said to me there's no point being the richest guy in the grave yard... I've never looked back! Looks like good fun to me mate :)

davehart

Member +
My mates just got an 8 FQ320 MR.

Decat and a remap and its pushing 395bhp :) Total animal with the pops and bangs to go with it. It is very thirsty.

He's 24 and insurance for him is £1200 which I don't think is to bad.