Lost My Car Keys!!! What to do???

clarkytrd

Member +
Somehow managed to lose my keys to my Glanza, Thought I threw them on my bed but cant find them anywhere and I'm going mad lol.

Any idea where do I go from here as I cant get into the car..!! :mad:

H_D

Member +
call the AA if you are covered they can open it for you....My mate might have a set of ep91 keys and locks for sale il let u know via pm after 7pm if he has them for sale thats if you need them.

Johnny_C

Lifer
john there should be a key number on the barrell,so you can cut a key to your original locks if you get into it.

clarkytrd

Member +
Johnny fair play to ya, I'l try get in but I'm afraid of bending the door lol.

The x2 spare keys I was given with the car wont fit any of the door locks, the key itself is too wide :(!!

Would I be best off calling a locksmith to call out and sort it?!

Johnny_C

Lifer
Johnny fair play to ya, I'l try get in but I'm afraid of bending the door lol.

The x2 spare keys I was given with the car wont fit any of the door locks, the key itself is too wide :(!!

Would I be best off calling a locksmith to call out and sort it?!
worth a call,or else put the drivers/or pass side window in.
ive both here spare,lol

Nippon

Member +
A locksmith will most likely drill the barrell out so you can get into the car again, but wont be able to fit new locks as they will have to be ordered from Toyota.
So you will be left with a car you cant lock then.

Better to get new keys cut or get new barrels and keys from Toyota and have the AA open it for you.

MD

clarkytrd

Member +
haha if only, feckin ragin I had to pull the alarm out now, cause I have a spare fob here and that would of let me into the car :(!!

I'l have another look around before calling them! Cause I'm sure the feckin thing is here looking at me!

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
we rang a locksmith when we couldnt get into our car first was vauxhall tigra the AA sent out this locksmith he prised the door open with like a little air bag and pulled the door release which opened the door and then cut the key there and then in the back of his van coz the key had snapped in the lock and the door was fine afterwards the second time we called out a locksmith it was our ford puma and the fob stopped working and the car was dead locked he picked the lock and replaced the fob

Nippon

Member +
we rang a locksmith when we couldnt get into our car first was vauxhall tigra the AA sent out this locksmith he prised the door open with like a little air bag and pulled the door release which opened the door and then cut the key there and then in the back of his van coz the key had snapped in the lock and the door was fine afterwards the second time we called out a locksmith it was our ford puma and the fob stopped working and the car was dead locked he picked the lock and replaced the fob

Sounds like a decent locksmith that one. All the locksmiths I have ever called just get the drill out and then charge to replace the damb lock. :(