LSD bolt torque settings

As above, im fitting a TRD LSD to my gearbox and what to no how much i should torque the bolts that hold the crown wheel to the Diff. Thanks in advance

Its a TRD LSD. Its been rebuilt in japan supposedly with stronger plates and I was told it was 2-way. Take no notice of the rust, it was perfect when I got it but i took it out of the plastic wrapping it was in last winter to show a mate and left it it the shed exposed to the damp air for about 3 weeks and that is the result

Standard on the left and TRD on the Right
13072010301.jpg
[/IMG]

The Dirty Tramp :haha:
13072010302.jpg
[/IMG]

13072010304.jpg
[/IMG]

13072010305.jpg
[/IMG]

With crown wheel fitted but not torqued
13072010309.jpg

ya its a trd mechanical lsd... the helical is different.. cool lsd

Thanks man, I had a TRD 1.5 way LSD in my old box that i sold ages ago and that was brilliant. I might just lob it in as a 2 way and see what its like, i like living on the edge :haha: but id still like to know how its changed to 1.5 way in case i change my mind. Does anyone know. Ha

corofin12345

Member +
man i drove a glanza with this lsd fitted and locked to 2way and tbh its dangerous if you ask me.. that car lasted 4 days...lol

man i drove a glanza with this lsd fitted and locked to 2way and tbh its dangerous if you ask me.. that car lasted 4 days...lol

Sorry if its a stupid question but how was it so dangerous. I dont understand :confused:. How exactly does the fact that its fully on under deceleration make it so difficult to drive?

corofin12345

Member +
it threw me all over the road.. was pulling out of a shop aswell and put the foot down and nearly hit a traffic island.. had to wrestle is back.. id say it would be the job for track days tho and on a cam

Had you driven a starlet/glanza with a LSD before that? I had a 1.5 way one before and it was fine, its decelerating going into a bend that id be worried about. What was that like with the 2way?

corofin12345

Member +
god knows what state the lsd was in tho.. i hear you have to service these from time to time.. wouldnt mind knowing myself how you lock it to 2way

corofin12345

Member +
Had you driven a starlet/glanza with a LSD before that? I had a 1.5 way one before and it was fine, its decelerating going into a bend that id be worried about. What was that like with the 2way?

well your man said he brought it 2 someone to lock it but come to think of it , it was acting like it was in 1.5.. ya driven one with an oem lsd and one with a kazz lsd.. the trd was the worse i thought.. could be down to many things tho

god knows what state the lsd was in tho..

Do you mean my LSD? Mine was perfect, it pulled me all over the road when the surface was uneven but i just learned to keep both hands on the wheel at all times and to keep my eyes on the road to anticipate what would happen and once i got used to it it was brilliant

corofin12345

Member +
Do you mean my LSD? Mine was perfect, it pulled me all over the road when the surface was uneven but i just learned to keep both hands on the wheel at all times and to keep my eyes on the road to anticipate what would happen and once i got used to it it was brilliant

no no your mans one... in some cases all is needed is a oil change with them.. ya im rather fond of the oem lsd.. think it covers everything you'd expect from a good lsd.. under braking and putting the foot down.. quaife lsd are crazy.. no wonder we dont see many focas rs's anymore.. lol.. (old shape)... seriously would like to know how 2 lock the trd one tho.. i just cant figure it out and its nagging me

corofin12345

Member +
take your time.. i only took apart my old gearbox and the stock slip diff fell out so i assume its just out with th old and in with the new... gearboxes aint my strong point either...lol.. just emailed rhdjapan bout torque settings and how to change to 2 way.. they replyed before with a question i had bout a lsd so may have an answer 2moro.... :)