lsd? or no lsd?

rage

Lifer
Was setting up my car for a comming drag race event and after i did a 2nd gear launch i left this on the tarmac :D

but what suprised me was the 2 even, equally long black lines. the power was well devided over the 2 wheels.
but i'm almost certain i have no lsd gearbox. definatly not an oem lsd and i seriously doubt my box holds an aftermarket lsd.

just random luck that i pulled 2 equal stripes? well balanced car? not that i'm complaining though :D quite happy with it

20130622_112415.jpg

Jay

Admin
Not the most scientific method of checking but it is the usual test lol.

Jack her up and spin the front wheels. See if it behaves like there is a diff in there!

Fingers are crossed for ya!

rage

Lifer
aaaaand it turned opposite from the side i was rotating.
as far as i know that means no lsd

mudi

Member +
Jack up the which ever end is in question to get the tires off the ground then jus put in neutral and spin one of the tires by hand, if the opposite tire spins in the same direction, you have a LSD.

If the opposite tire spins in the opposite direction, you have an no LSD.

just pull ur EP off to the side of the road with one rear tire in the grass or mud and the other tire still on the road, now mash the gas and spin the tires if its a open rear end then the tire in the grass or mud will spin only, coz if it haad an LSD the then it wont spin at all.

Cheers buddy.