Meister coilovers to EP70

350ep70gr

Member +
Yesterday i fit my front coilovers..and very happy with them so far.
Just a note for the ep70 users: The only modification needed is to wide a bit further the two halls for the top mount studs to pass to the chassis. Apart from that it is a direct fit and the car looks really solid.
I strongly recomend them to all ep70 users. The kit i have is for the ep82/91. The car height is equal to 3,5 cm lower springs and has plenty room for adjustments further up or down.
I will update when i find some time to fit the rears and will shoot some photos soon.

EP70 user....Order asap your meister set!!!:drive::rockon:

My love goes to Jerrick!!

Chris

MeisterR

Lifer
That sounds perfect... :)
I am assuming you are talking about the rear top mount? or is it both the front and rear?

More pics please... Modded EP70 = Retro Awesome! :rockon:

350ep70gr

Member +
That sounds perfect... :)
I am assuming you are talking about the rear top mount? or is it both the front and rear?

More pics please... Modded EP70 = Retro Awesome! :rockon:

I havent fit the rear coilovers yet as i dont have time to work on the car and the weather is a bit mood aswell.
I am talking about the front top mounts with the 4 studs. The two studs going perfect (headlight and firewall side) the other two (fender side and engine side) if you look from upside you see only the half of the face of the stud of the top mount so you need to drill 2-3mm in order to free the stud to pass to the position.
I will sent you some photos when i will fit the rear one too.
Also i fit them as i received them without further height adjustments and the car height is exactly the same as before with Konis and voglant 3,5 cm lower springs.
This mean that other people with ep70 can adjust them even lower or higher if they want.I am telling that because ep82 and ep70 suspension has a bit different free length when you put them side to side and maybe this put ep70 users off.But now it is tested and is no real prob. You just need a hand drill and 3 sec to each hall and job done!
Hope they leave me with a big smile at the first drive run. Feeling the car by hand seems to be what i always want...
Update soon..

Chris

fussman

Member +
and this is not a meister only thing. ive seen it have to be done with ksports as well.
so its a ep82 suspension on an ep70 thing.
now if shipping wasnt so high i would have a set.

350ep70gr

Member +
and this is not a meister only thing. ive seen it have to be done with ksports as well.
so its a ep82 suspension on an ep70 thing.
now if shipping wasnt so high i would have a set.

I think it is a ep82 suspension on a ep70 thing aswell.

Update: The rear one went on straight forward without any modification needed at all.

Fussman...go for them...!

Chris

MeisterR

Lifer
....man..... shipping is just about half the cost of the coilovers. sucks really.

Yes, Brabados is not exactly close to here.
As much as I would like to get the coilovers to you on the cheap, there isn't any real economical way of sending it.

I can try for surface mail good that takes up to 8 weeks... but then they normally get lost pretty easily and are only "marginally" cheaper.

Yes, Brabados is not exactly close to here.
As much as I would like to get the coilovers to you on the cheap, there isn't any real economical way of sending it.

I can try for surface mail good that takes up to 8 weeks... but then they normally get lost pretty easily and are only "marginally" cheaper.

You can send things via air freight which goes in the hold of passenger planes, would definately be less than £250

fussman

Member +
yea its understandable in these times. even in the US i have to wait 3-4 weeks while ksport makes the coilovers. not my thing really.
hows about u take a trip to Barbados an pack them in ur luggage?? Sun , Sand, Sea, an boost.

Yes, Barbados is not exactly close to here.

Alex NL

Fresh Recruit
Nice to see someone else fitting these to the EP7* ! I still have one of these coiloverkits catching dust waiting to be fitted! I knew about the frontside topmounts not being able to fit as it is designed for EP8*/9* but I really don't feel like filing or drilling in that part of the car as I am worried the alignment will go manky. I have ordered and waiting on a set of cusco EP71 pillow ball camber plates :D

350ep70gr

Member +
Nice to see someone else fitting these to the EP7* ! I still have one of these coiloverkits catching dust waiting to be fitted! I knew about the frontside topmounts not being able to fit as it is designed for EP8*/9* but I really don't feel like filing or drilling in that part of the car as I am worried the alignment will go manky. I have ordered and waiting on a set of cusco EP71 pillow ball camber plates :D

Mate is more like a filling than a drilling job and the direction you need to do the job is the same as the direction you adjust the top mounts on the alignment machine.So will not do any harm to the rest aligment. Even if you return back to ep70 shocks aligment will not be an issue..nowhere..

chris