Meister R coilovers arrived today

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Well i got the coilovers i had ordered of Jerrick today. I cannot praise him enough for the great service i got off him. he was replying to my emails normally within 30 mins!

heres the info on them
MeisterR is proud to present the new D.C.S Zeta Coilovers!!!

The D.C.S. Zeta was specifically developed to give a sporty ride on the road, but with enough adjustment for track use.

The D.C.S. Zeta Coilovers will give a firm ride, but it will not be "Crashy" like some of the cheaper coilovers on the market.
The monotube damper have 15 stages combined compression and rebound adjustment, and we had dyno tested them to confirm their quality.

Aluminium Top Mount are included and will come with high quality integrated pillowball bearing.
Macpherson Strut suspension will come with INVERTED Dampers and Camber Adjustment on Top Mount.

Here are some features of the MeisterR D.C.S. Zeta Coilovers:

Here are the specification of the Zeta-R coilovers:

*Aluminium Top Mount with PillowBall Bearing.
Anodised Red Aluminium Top Mount with integrated Camber Adjustment replace your old and tired steel top mount.
The high quality Japanese PillowBall Bearing provide precise steering feedback.

*MonoTube Dampers with Black Chromium Plated Body.
MonoTube Dampers ensure high performance damping and ability to dissipate heat under hard usage.
The Black Chromium Plating have endure salt spray test and is by far the best anti-corrosion plating available.
There are 32 stage damping adjustments (Compression and Rebound Combined). Lengthen Rubber Boot ensure the damper piston will be protected from harsh environment.

*Cold Coiling SAE9254 Chrome Silicon Steel Springs.
The Cold Coiled Linear Rate Springs use high grade SAE9254 Steel to ensure strength and provide linear and predictable weight transfer characteristic.

*Anodised Aluminium Spring Perch and Locking Collar
Lightweight Aluminium Collars are use to lock your springs and brackets in place.
The "Polyamide" springs isolator are use to reduce noise and spring binding issue associated with rubber isolator.

*Steel Lower Bracket
Strengthen Steel Lower Bracket are used on Macpherson Strut for increased strength.

heres some pics of mine

23102009057.jpg

23102009058.jpg

23102009059.jpg

23102009060.jpg

23102009061.jpg

23102009062.jpg

23102009063.jpg

I cant wait to get them fitted. i have had the rears made shorter so that they will allow my ep85 to sit nicely. Jerrick was extremly helpfull and is happy to advice on setups.
These are the first set for a starlet but he has them in stock now.
:D

if anyone is interested in a set of these visit the site link or email info@meisterr.com

Last edited:

D3N0

Member +
Did they make the rears shorter at your request to fit your ep85, how much extra did that cost?

pc18

there £664 delivered guys. ive got them fitted now. the front is pretty slammed and theres still plenty to go! the rear ive been carefull with as my exhaust is very clow to the rear axel so ive not lowered it much. but its not catching at all and my exhaust isnt even ratteling now its stiffened up so im going to lower it another inch on the back i think.

iv only had a quick drive but first impressions are very good, firm but over bumps its smooth. we have just maxed the front camber out for now haha.

No fitment issues it was a piece of piss :D i will update this with how i get on and some pics in the next few days. im going to give it a couple of weeks to settle then put a little pre load on the springs when ive got the adjustments sorted.

:rockon:

had a little 4 wheel slide off a roundabout before :D hahaha

pc18

Did they make the rears shorter at your request to fit your ep85, how much extra did that cost?

yeah the rears have been made shorter dude, i dont think i was charged any extra for them as i should be doing a bit of advertising for him and i had to wait so long for them. but there in stock now for anyone else that wants a set.

pc18

Heres the pics :D

Here you can see the fronts can still go lower

24102009064.jpg

the rears how they are now

25102009076.jpg

25102009077.jpg

25102009078.jpg

EP85

25102009079.jpg

25102009081.jpg

25102009083.jpg

its looking and handling alot better now!!
i cant cant really go much lower on the back because of how my exhaust goes over the rear axel, its pretty close.

Paul

Last edited:

rmsnoel

Member +
Whats the droplink lookin thing in the pic of your rear shock fitted? If its a anti-roll bar what way is it fitted that the droplink is horizontal. Coilovers look sweet by the way

pc18

Whats the droplink lookin thing in the pic of your rear shock fitted? If its a anti-roll bar what way is it fitted that the droplink is horizontal. Coilovers look sweet by the way

its part of the 4wd rear suspension mate.

can the rear get any lower without pre-loading the spring?

If i want to go lower on the back i can either get a slightly shorter damper or a shorter spring, or put some preload on the spring like you said. i haven't put any preload on the springs yet as i have been busy with another car.

If you ordered a set of these for a normal ep82/ep91 it would go much lower on the back its just as my car is an ep85.

Rory

Lifer
Preloading the springs has nothing to do with the height of the car ;)
You can only go as high as the damper unit will allow.

No more than 2 full turns on the springs with the pre-load... (after it starts to nip the spring)
Dont want to over do them.

Yes you could put lower springs on, but remember that the spring travel will be less, therefor the spring will bottom out before the damper.

Just something worth saying. :)

pc18

cheers rory, i havnt touched the preload and i wont be lowering the car any more i dont think. yeah i under stand about the shorter springs i was just posting up the options if i did want it lower.