More Details on the Upcoming 2012 Toyota/Subaru RWD 086A (AE86) Sports Coupe Revealed

Gee

Member +
If this is how it looks, I'm having one!

toyota-subaru-086a-new-rendering-560.jpg

We all remember the Toyota Corolla RWD AE86 coupe, which is a drifter’s dream car. It seems we are getting more and more confirmations of a joint venture between Toyota and Subaru making a come-back in this missing-link that Toyota as had for over a decade now.

A “Toyota Insider” has some new information for us revealing that this new car, code named 086A, will be lower and wider than the out-going Toyota Celica (2000-2006) with an “orthodox 2+2 coupe style and a silhouette resembling the Lexus LF-A“.

A new rendering from 7TUNE reveals what this new coupe could look like. Now that I think about it, this looks similar to much older renderings that we use to speculate being the new Toyota Supra. Well, maybe Toyota has had this car up their sleeves for longer than we think.

Toyota/Subaru, according to the “Toyota Insider”, will still attempt to keep the price relatively low around the $25,000usd mark.

The stats for the 086A are as follows:

Toyota Subaru Compact FR “086A” Specifications

Engine
EJ20 Direct Injection Gasoline 4 Cylinder

Capacity
1994cc

Power
200PS

Torque
20.0kg/m

Transmission
6-Speed Manual

Wheelbase
2470mm

Total Length
4200mm

Total Width
1750mm

Total Height
1300mm

Weight
1200kg

Cost
2,000,000 JPY

eg6b18c

Member +
Similar power and weight to a S14 200SX which is good enough. Im just glad its not as heavy as expected with all these modern regulations.

dac69er

Super Moderator
will probably look bugger all like that if and when it goes into production. will probably look all generic like all other cars

faisalgtturbo

Member +
200ps

pathetic

it needs more....
mazda mps 260
focus 230
vxr 240

it looks like it weigh's a bit aswell

personally i will be over the moon if they make it :kiss:

faisal

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +
That's a funky looking drawing.

I'll be surprised if it looks anything remotely like that on release, and I bet Toybaru won't bother releasing it in the UK. :rolleyes: