mr tracktime at japfest - incar videos and external :)

goldenvtr

Member +
would just like to share my videos from Japfest today, was really pleased with my car, i opted to run 18psi insted of my initial plan of 22psi due to misfires at anyhting over 20psi i think ive hit the limit of stock ignition system,

anyway start with a few short external clips, firs vid shows the ditance between me and an fq400 (modded?) then the 2nd vidio is a lap later and me overtaking :)

then ive also got 2 incar camera veiws first one ive edited the warm up and warm down out so its shorter. first few laps are farly placid then it get very exciting!

4th vid is the same track session but from my other wide angle camera and probly needs skiping to at last 2minuets in unlesss you want to watch the whole 15mins then feel free!

so then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXj2a8aI4C0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLI3Bax3Y_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq68dgo_I7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkCcRNpx8Cs

in short my spec is forged 5e 7.5.1 CR td05 16g turbo mapped by myself to 28psi.
full interior and am speakers on parcel shelf lol

18psi low 22 psi medium 28psi hi ( can only run a max of 22psi at moment due to stock igniton setup)

Last edited:

AdDaMan

Member +
Nice one Dan. So glad to see some decent track driving. Sooo bored of watching peoples gay ass track vids of them driving like total pussys (much like the GTR on your vid)

Looks like a good setup. Not too understeery at all considering.
What diff is it?

Bazza

Member +
Quality stuff Dan mate!!

Bet the bloke in the evo wasn't happy hahaa. Love it when evo's get dealt with!

Rory

Lifer
Do you do trackdays? Lets see some of your vids and let folk comment on your driving...
Remember it isnt a race, its a trackday ;) Everyone is out to enjoy themselves.

Nice one Dan. So glad to see some decent track driving. Sooo bored of watching peoples gay ass track vids of them driving like total pussys (much like the GTR on your vid)

What diff is it?

Cracking vids Dan :cool:

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +

What diff is it?

cheers mate i'm pretty sure its a cusco, when i had the box apart i couldn't see any markings on the diff but the photos matched that of the cusco lol

Did you lap the gtr? Haha good video

yea, but he deffo want flat out the whole time lol

Quality stuff Dan mate!!

Bet the bloke in the evo wasn't happy hahaa. Love it when evo's get dealt with!

it kinda hard to tell from the video but if he had been atall courtyous i probly could of took him sooner but i didnt want to risk it, so i out powered him insted haha my adrenalin was booming at that point :D

Do you do trackdays? Lets see some of your vids and let folk comment on your driving...
Remember it isnt a race, its a trackday ;) Everyone is out to enjoy themselves.

Cracking vids Dan :cool:

cheers rory, it was you camera that really made me want one, think you had it on your roof at knockhill.

i wasnt really set on being competative but once i satrted t catch the evo it was game one and so so much fun! especially in the corners

4th gear is where my power really comes into use :)

roll on more track time, cant wait again now!

Jay

Admin
Good to see you out on the track again mate, bet the wee car enjoyed that too!

Those were some fast laps. Nowhere near the amount of tyresqueal and understeer that I'm used to myself..

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Brilliant mate, really enjoyed watching that in car video Dan. Lovely car/set up and lovely driving. Always good to see the little GT hanging and overtaking the bigger cars.

goldenvtr

Member +
Jay- yea it as great to get it back on track, a much diffrent experiance to tracking my mx5turbo. plenty more to come again now :)

Cheers dan, overtaking the "big boys" nevers gets old, :D its there facial expressions everytime that make me love it

AdamB

Member +
Looks cracking mate, the play with the evo was awesome.
Whats your suspension setup like? Seems like you got a lot of torque out that 5e motor mate and a nice wide power band ;)

shanegt

Member +
well done man the videos are class.id say all the work that goes into them is repaid in full with satisfying buzz like that.

azerty

Supermoderator
cracking vids :) I wish we had a track over here !!
Have tried an other coil pack ? maybe it is just getting old (I changed mine 3 times already)

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
Looks cracking mate, the play with the evo was awesome.
Whats your suspension setup like? Seems like you got a lot of torque out that 5e motor mate and a nice wide power band ;)

suspension consists of very old d2 coilovers that look pretty badly rusted, anti flit kit, rear ARB front and back strust braces cusco lsd, thats it, io was running parada spec 2 tyres on front and t1rs on back.

also running mr2 2pot calipers with corolla 25mm discs and cheap of the shelf pads lol, will be getin yellow stuff pads next now i know this setup is worthy of the track.

the power band is great, i have 10psi boost by 3100rpm then it hits 18psi very shortly after that, so full boost in way under 4k and revs to 7k :)

thanks for the kinds words everyone :) ill upload vids ect after my next tracktime :D

AdamB

Member +
How you find the cusco lsd? Going to need one myself but I don't know which one to go for :haha: too many choices, seems like it served you well on track!

PS: Update your members garage with the starlet ;)

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
How you find the cusco lsd? Going to need one myself but I don't know which one to go for :haha: too many choices, seems like it served you well on track!

PS: Update your members garage with the starlet ;)

i had a gt project thread years and years ago, but it got lost with the fourum change, cant be arsed to do one now to much to list lol.

the diff clunks like fook on the road, slow corners and car parks can be embarasing but when its where it belongs on track its awesome!