MR2 Rear Disc fitting - please assist

gv1.3

Admin
Hi,

I am in the process of changing the rear pads, discs and calipers on my MKII MR2. Its all going fine except I have a quick question you might be able to answer for me.

When I put the new disc on there is no locating nut or anything so it just sits there on the studs. If it is like my Glanza then I understand that when I put the wheel back on and tighten it up it holds the disc on but... The disc seems to have some play when it is sitting there on the studs and I am concerned when I put the wheel on and tighten it up the disc will not be centered.

Anyone tell me if I need to know something here?

gv1.3

Admin
it does centre on the hub but there is a bit of play from side to side if I grab the disc and turn it side to side. Maybe a couple of a couple of mm either direction

thanks for reply :)

gv1.3

Admin
rotational play. Its not much but its a couple of mm. I remember when I did the discs on the glanza they were a very tight fit.

These discs are exactly the same a the ones that came off it but just thought there would be a locating nut or something to make sure they are on centre

Texx

Super Moderator
As already said, it won't cause any problems as long as the disc has a good fit to the hub ring. If your that concerned, tighten the wheel nuts against the disc to temporarily hold it in position and then apply the handbrake, then you can remove the wheel nuts and install the wheel without the disc moving.

weeJohn

Lifer
Its just the play in the stud holes on the disc that is causing the movement, GT discs will do the same.