mrk 2 gt with a mrk 1 rear glowing gt pannel, wot do people think??

turbostar

Member +
a while a go i bourght a mrk 1 rear glowing gt panel, from parkiboy,
when i got it it was the original green wich i didnt like so i took it apart rubbed it down with some fine wet and dry, got a sticker made up to use as a stencil,
then sprayed the inside of the perspex metallic black,
peeld off the sticker,
use some red theater light gel,(the translucent plastic they use to change the coulour of theater lights),
placed this between the perspex and light unit and re sealed it and finally run the wired to the side lights,

what do you think???

from this

to this

I have a mk 2 gt with the glow up badge of the mk 1.

But i dont have a bulb in it and if honest dont see me getting one not really fussed on it.

But yours does look not bad at all :p

danb87

South East England Area Rep
do u have to have that whole plastic lighty thing across the boot to have that? or can u have it on the normal boot?

Guye

Lifer
do u have to have that whole plastic lighty thing across the boot to have that? or can u have it on the normal boot?
Quad light gt boots are smooth and curved right across. For this to work it must be a mk2 gt where you can remove the center garnish from the boot and fit the lighted center from the mk1 right in there. I did something similar as well, but I used green paint (airbrush) to restore the original look. Red looks good though.

monka

Member +
looks like mine know, have one on my car, glowing red like that, although mine has a small red 'halo' around it. lol, got another one at home though that i may put just red on

Johnny_B

Member +
Quad light gt boots are smooth and curved right across. For this to work it must be a mk2 gt where you can remove the center garnish from the boot and fit the lighted center from the mk1 right in there. I did something similar as well, but I used green paint (airbrush) to restore the original look. Red looks good though.

Unless your me!;)

I prefer green, but that does look very good. I've seen some terrible efforts in the past, yours looks factory quality!

turboinside

Fresh Recruit
hi,

i just recently bought myself a 1994 manufactured Japanese import Toyota starlet gt turbo. I have realised that i do not have a panel on the back of my car, theres only a couple of holes where i think a panel fits into. I want to purchase a glowing panel but i do not know which one i need or where to find one. Please could you provide me with more information as i am new to this.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
hi,

i just recently bought myself a 1994 manufactured Japanese import Toyota starlet gt turbo. I have realised that i do not have a panel on the back of my car, theres only a couple of holes where i think a panel fits into. I want to purchase a glowing panel but i do not know which one i need or where to find one. Please could you provide me with more information as i am new to this.

you best of purchasing a mk1 gt glow boot with it mate, as your gt might not have the right fitment for just the panel. you can pick the complete boot up for around £75- £100