my cars f***ed!! :( help please?

iamlegend

Member +
just bout to go on a drive there, noticed lots and lots of thick smoke/steam coming out of my exhaust was thinking thats not from my car, then relised it is, what the hell has happend?? my dad rekons its the head.
i dont have a clue??
goooood man feel so pisssed off bout this stupid car!!!!
pleeese help me .

Duff

Member +
Does the smoking stop after a while/once the car heats up? My car blows out white smoke when I turn it on but it dissappears after 5 mins or so..only condenation in the system.

Jay

Admin
Didn't your fan belt fail recently mate?

Pending on further tests you might find the headgasket got damaged when the waterpump stopped turning. Get a compression test done asap.

iamlegend

Member +
forgot to mention before that my altinator belt snaped couple of weeks ago which caused it to heat alot so this must of caused this to happen

iamlegend

Member +
Does the smoking stop after a while/once the car heats up? My car blows out white smoke when I turn it on but it dissappears after 5 mins or so..only condenation in the system.

no mate it smokes/steams out the exhaust all the time when its running

Craig_GT

Lifer
Didn't your fan belt fail recently mate?

Pending on further tests you might find the headgasket got damaged when the waterpump stopped turning. Get a compression test done asap.

x2!

Id take Jays advice and have it looked at.. its amazin how quickly this can happen when the engine overheats

durmz

Member +
has any 1 changed there head gasket there selves?? is it a major hard job?

ide recomend getting it done by a proper place or a mechanic if you know one, sometimes the head needs to be skimmed, unless ure really competent ide say it wernt one for in the garage, up to you though, never know

iamlegend

Member +
if it was the turbo seel, how do you replace them people??
ive been quated 600 for the head to be changed but i dont no for certion thats it. i really dont fancy splashing 600! thought wouldnt be that much to do.

iamlegend

Member +
record a video of the smoke so we can see how bad it is mate.

ive took it to the garage now mate, basically its like a steam train cuming out of the exhaust its a thick white steamy smoke:( like i said as well my altinator belt snapped which made it over heat big time!! grrrrrrr 600 im so pissssssed

starlet sr

Member +
it myt be ur turbo seals m8 i had the same the other day changed the turbo
nd a week later the smoke stoped

is ur car usein a lot ov oil?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
all the signs sound like the engine has overheated and the headgasket is leaking.

it cant be just a coincidence, alt belt snapping then this happening.

unlucky for you mate but you should of stopped asap really

Nwimie

Member +
it might not need a new head dude. most of the time its just a gasket change or a skim and gasket change depending on how badly the head has warped if atal. engines overheat very quickly with a lack of water!