My new motor.

Derek

Lifer
20120428_134325.jpg

20120428_134309.jpg

Couple of crappy pics but love this car, nice big cruiser with plenty of power to keep me happy. Plus advan rg's.:rockon: although might sell it have an itch for a glanza again.

AdDaMan

Member +
Nice. B4 RSK. Nearly bought one of these once.

Dan, there a 2.0 Twin Turbo (boxer) with 280bhp afaik.

How is the valley of death i heard so much about?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Nice. B4 RSK. Nearly bought one of these once.

Dan, there a 2.0 Twin Turbo (boxer) with 280bhp afaik.

How is the valley of death i heard so much about?

Sweet! Nice engine then! Wonder how well it spools 2 turbos only being 2.0litre...

Valley of death? Was that question for me or Derek? lol

AdDaMan

Member +
For Derek lol!

Its the gap between the first and second turbo reaching full boost as they use a sequential setup.

Derek

Lifer
The valley of death is annoying, your thinking really starting to get going here then total drop in boost then off you go again. And on gear change you always seem to end up in that place in the revs. Its only a split second but annoying all the same. There 280bhp, very comfy, half leather seats, the driver one being electric for all your adjusments, very spacious, great motorway cruiser. Standard brakes are woefully bad, but impreza 4 pots bolt straight on so an nice upgrade. Has bilstein Suspension all round as standard, allround nice car, suits my needs at the moment with the baby and the things you have too lug around. Only regret is i didnt buy the gt-b (wagon) version.

Vod (valley of death) is the gap between the primary and secondary stages on the turbos. you get your primary then witchcraft hapens with the exhaust gasses and kills the boost and the secondary stage comes in with both turbos boosting which gives you lots of top end grunt. But if your driving in 5th and drop a gear and end up at the 4,500 revs area there is literally no power at all. Really annoying.

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Always had a soft spot for these, much rarer than the impreza which is why i think they appealed more to me!