Need advice on a car!

ChrisGT

Member +
Hi lads.

I need a new car! Needs to be fairly cheap to insure & run, but maybe a little bit of fun if that's possible!

Budget of about £1200-1500 (not much to play with, I'm poor).

So far I've been interested in Peugeot 306 GTI-6's but having trouble finding a good example for my price. Most are sheds.

Any suggestions?! Pulling my hair out here, can't afford to keep the BM but will need a car for work once it goes.

lingl9z

Member +
The 306-GTI6 was a pretty sweet car tbh 167 bhp as standard I believe, comfy seats (AC if it works) overall a fun, nippy car :)

What other cars are you thinking about?

lingl9z

Member +
Yeah there also 2.0l and pretty quick im more than sure alot of people put the GTI-6 inlet on there for a few extra ponys, but don't quote me on that :D

ep82lunacy

Member +
106gti FTW:rockon:... They are great little handlers and are fast in a straight line aswell.. Dunno would ya get a good one for 1500 though. But I dont really know what they are making now:)

danb87

South East England Area Rep
citreon xsara vts, you can pick them up cheap, really comfy cars an there actually quite fast

durmz

Member +
danb87 said:
citreon xsara vts, you can pick them up cheap, really comfy cars an there actually quite fast

My grandad drives one of those...

I think that says it all :haha:

Arnold

Lifer
The GTI6 doesn't turn right correctly due to having a 6th gear. Steers left ok though! My mate had one and when parking at work, was forever having to do 3 point manuvures to get out the carpark as it just didn't steer far enough lol.

I think you should get a 205 1.9 GTI or a 309 GTI :D

lingl9z

Member +
The GTI6 doesn't turn right correctly due to having a 6th gear. Steers left ok though! My mate had one and when parking at work, was forever having to do 3 point manuvures to get out the carpark as it just didn't steer far enough lol.

I think you should get a 205 1.9 GTI or a 309 GTI :D

That is something I forgot to mention, good for track, not so good for low speeds lol I was told it was designed to stop the shafts from popping out!