need help with ep82 electric windows

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
hey i've been wondering if there is a window module on the ep82's ? reason im asking is that my window switch shorted so i got a new one but now the driver window wont move it wont even make any clicking noise if it is stuck but i opend the old switch and there was signs of the contacts stuck which must have blown something but its not the fuses as i checked all of them ? any ideas if their is a relay of any sort or a modular box ?

ASHep82

Member +
My window stopped working all of a sudden aswell mate I tried a new switch and checked all the wires n fuses.turned out to be the window motor.

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
nice al have a look but motor was perfect i know the passenger side is dying but driver was ok, the old switch contacts wer stuck so i must have blown something as you cnt even heard it click and no voltage as well on the driver side switch

Jay

Admin
Somhairle called in with me the other day for a new DS window switch for his GT. It had blown in during the frosty period we had recently. Turns out the motor was fried too so it might be worth getting the multimeter out and seeing if your window motor is getting power. If it is and still not working it could be goosed.

Jay

scot-ish

Member +
if you have no voltage at the switch(im assuming youve tested this with a multimeter, as you stated no voltage) then its pointless testing for power at the motor.