need help with turbo charging a toyota 5A-FE

bid_boi

Fresh Recruit
Hello everyone.
im a new member, im a newb in this field guys, dont know much about turbos and supercharger. i have a 96 toyota AE110 corolla. I just changed it with a recondition engine. Now it has a 1.5L toyota 5A-FE engine with Automatic transmission. I want to turbo charge it. But i dont know how to, no after market turbo kits are available in my country. The only turbo changers that i can use is the turbo that is used 92-95 mitsubishi pajero 3.0L intercoolered turbo. And all the other parts needed,i have to manage them from toyota cars spare parts,cause thats the only thing thats pretty much available in here.

Please forgive me if i said anything wrong or stupid, but i will be realy thankful if any of you can help me out.:)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hey m8 welcome to the forum!

well put it this way, it is possibel to charge it, but u cant run more than 10psi on it since its an NA unless of course u lower ur compression with a gasket or pistons etc...

ull need an ecu, to program the car, also ull need a 2 bar map sensor & a knock sensor for sure... the rest is pretty much tuning bro! well ull also need bigger injectors & an uprated fuel pump :)

kon

bid_boi

Fresh Recruit
thankx hybrid. bro i have no idea on how to do those. all i kno about it is that i'll be needing a turbo charger,piping for it and some bigger injectors.but i dont know what els do i need and how to use or bold them,and bro i'll be happy if i can increase some power of the car,dont have to turn it into a rocket car.i preffer to turbo charge it under stock internals of the engine,cause i dont kno much about engines fixing.

another thing i would like to mension is that my car is also converted to run on NATURAL GAS. It has a big CNG(Compressed Natural Gas) kit,which is like a round thing,that distributes the CNG in the inlet manifold from where the mix with air and go into the cylinders.

so basicaly now my car runs on regular petrol/octane and CNG. But i mostly use CNG cause its cheaper

bid_boi

Fresh Recruit
I checked my engine,it runs on around 100 hp (75 kW) at 5600 rpm and 102 ft·lbf (138 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. If some how i can run around 7-8psi,that will be enough for me.From the infos i got from the internet,i 1 psi= 7% power gain,in this case its 7hp/psi. Therefore 49hp if it runs on 7psi. I think stock internals should hold 7psi just fine. still correct me if i am wrong.

I talked with the my mechanic about the "CNG Kit". He says it works on it own.Its like a STAND ALONE SYSTEM. It does not use the car ECU system or the fuel pumps or the injector,so i think tuning that might be easier. Which combustsion system do you think will work best? i dont need to much power,150BHP in total will be great,if only i can manage it.

Last time i tried to turbo charge a honda civic with D15B3(not 100% sure) carb engine on it. That didnt work out. It was a faliure.I used a turbo charger and intercooler from a 1994 mitsubishi pajero 3.0L V6 intercooled turbo engine. But i forgot to use bigger injecters,so it didnt work.

i talked with a friend of mine who is in UK,studying automobile enginearing, he is coming to visit a few months later,he said he can help me some. but still i'll be needing alot of supports from you people.

waiting for you reply guys.

Bobo auto

Fresh Recruit
Am also in the same game ..will send pictures tomorrow...anyone with 5afe turbo engine ecu can assist me with its images or part number...thanks

kheshav1906

Fresh Recruit
Hey Peps quick question what type injectors an sparkplug to use on the turbo build 5efe engine
Hey bro you can use the 4age 20v injectors and you use DENSO IK16 or IK20 iridium sparkplug and you'll need to change your sparkplug wire set to the best one ( NGK (8019) RC-HE65 Spark Plug Wire Set ).