need some new tyres opions please

akyakapotter

Member +
hi guys i need some new tyres didnt realise how low they have got what are a good set of tyres as i want someting that will atach grip and not just spin up with a bit of spirited driving thanks in advance nick

Gilly2006

Member +
What tyres have you got on at the minuite?
In the past iv used toyo proxies tr1s which were ok, gripped good in dry but abit scary in the wet.
I'm using yokohama parada spec 2s and for me they are very good, I haven't had much use of them cause cars off road at the min but I'm confidant they will get better.:)

steve-gers

Member +
I had proxes all round when I bought the car but when the front went I went for a budget tyre as I was short on cash, only looking for it to do a few months. Nearly a year later there still going strong with over 4mm left on them. Dry grip is just as good as the proxes and as mentioned above there the same in the wet, a bit scary. There Nankang NS2 tyres, hard wearing and good in the dry not recommended for winter though.

akyakapotter

Member +
i have nankang on there at the front and they havent lasted no longer than 8months think in going to go with the proxies

neilsmith

iv had lots of different tyres on my cars from nankang ns2's, falkens, toyo proxes, budgets, avons, yokohama parada spec 2s.
The yokohama parada spec2s are by far the best! the grip is just phenomenal in the dry, grip is not to bad in the wet but i think proxes grip better in the wet.

matt walters

Member +
ive used paradas and there mint. using Yokohama s drives atm and i can't complain at all. for the price and there wear rate there probably the best tyres ive used.

Paradas are soft hence the grip. they just didn't last long on mine

akyakapotter

Member +
went with the rain sport 2's now to get them fitted :)
tyre.jpg