Need sugestions

willjpg

Fresh Recruit
Been a member for a while, owned a 95 quadlight 2 years ago and for some strange reason sold it (regretd it about a month after)
After buying a 92 1ltr 3dr starlet with big plans for her,
just dont know where to start so looking for sugestions. Going to strip out the back, cage it, with buckets harnessed to the floor at some stage aswell as a engine conversion from a gt, just havent a clue what exactly is needed as I want to go forged.

FeNder

Member +
well since its a litre version i imagine the brakes and suspension on it are worse than the gt's ,
so i would advise starting with a good suspension kit , brake upgrade ,
caging is never bad , safety first ;)
then take care of the engine , ull find a thread here by toby with guidelines to what one should address first .

gv1.3

Admin
get the rear axle from a GT and get disc brakes on the back. Sort out handling and upgrade the front brakes too and then worry about the engine. You wont last long if it goes fast but doesnt go round corners or stop.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
get the rear axle from a GT and get disc brakes on the back. Sort out handling and upgrade the front brakes too and then worry about the engine. You wont last long if it goes fast but doesnt go round corners or stop.

Spoken from the truth, if you don't plan on doing much to the handling and breaks then defo get the cage you'll need it

GT_Ben

Member +
That'l cost you a bomb and still look like the majority of other gt's?

Your best best would be to buy a GT with a fecked engine or crashed and convert everything over for a base to start from, but even then its ALOT of hassle just to be 'individual' with you base model shell!

Personaly id sell the 1lt and buy a cheap standard GT as a base if thats the way you want to go..... my 2p! :)

Ben

willjpg

Fresh Recruit
Im not going to be changing much bodywork at all, i love the shape of the normal starlets and want to keep it looking like that, granted it will cost alot of money but i'l do most of the labour myself (that i can do) to keep costs down

gv1.3

Admin
Im not going to be changing much bodywork at all, i love the shape of the normal starlets and want to keep it looking like that, granted it will cost alot of money but i'l do most of the labour myself (that i can do) to keep costs down

should have seen weejohns white ep91 back a couple of years ago. I saw it at a meet and man you would have loved it. It had the granny interior and looked pretty much stock but was running a 4efte and a td04 if I remember correctly. I would have loved it for myself but alas its life ended prematurely :(

willjpg

Fresh Recruit
Yea thats what i love, i think starlets are lovely cars as they are and dont need bodykits or anything, just a few suttle things but not much. But big power under the bonnet

turbojim

Lifer
welcome man get some pics up and have a look on donedeal as i no a gt was on there lately for 800 it needed somethin i think but was basically a full car