new car after 4 years with starlets,

superspat

Member +
after around 4 years and 5 starlets i decided it time to try some thing diffrent, didnt want any thing bigger but wanted some thing rare and that i wont see on a weekly basic so after a couple of months of hunting i found what was looking an here she is
DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

for thoses of you asking what the fu*k is it its a
daihatsu mira avanzato TR-XX 660cc turbo jap kei car, front wheel drive and sporting a TMIC smaller than most oil coolers and pushing out only 64bhp but only weighing in at some thing like 600kg its got quite a bit of kick to it, as standard but it massivly restricted in the air box,tmic,and exhaust to comply with the jap kei car regulations

it makes my glanza and gt look like monster trucks

its got a few mods like recaro fish nets front seats, and recaro rails
momo steering wheel
hks boost gauge
apexi turbo timer
APD twin pass bov
2" s/s exhaust with some 800cc motor bike exhaust can on the end
proper JDM wind delfectors

i must say driving it i feel like a proper kid again and have never had soem much fun in such a slow car, and it has now become my main toy and sellign both my starlets to get a family car aswell

will get some more pics later to try and show how small it really it

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
That looks awesome mate! Looks like a toy car I could pick up and put in my pocket :haha:
Bet she does well on fuel economy!

dac69er

Super Moderator
thought they only did it as a 4wd?

looks sweet though. i have always wanted a kei car, they usually seem overpriced nice ones or cheap complete dogs. rarely find anything in between :(

superspat

Member +
They did a 4wd uk model but this is a jdm import, its amazing on fuel did 170 miles on motor screaming 70/80 and used quartz a tank and the tank holds 30ltrs, this is very good condition with 1 small dent and needs new stickers but is the most fun ive had in a car

goldenvtr

Member +
i emailed that guy before you bought it lol i didnt get it (obviasly) due to it only being fwd. ended up getting a paseo insted :S

superspat

Member +
thats what sold it to me being the front wheel drive, its around 100kg lighter than the 4wd and with non of the transfer box problems which cost big money to fix

superspat

Member +
got a few ideas:p
the standard starlet tmic is about 4 times the size of the standard 1 and its a near on strait swap so will be getting that on, custom made decat and slightly bigger exhaust boar and a new tiny integra typr r jic majic rear back box if i can find 1 cheap enough, and rais ethe boost to 1bar with good ebc and apexi safc to lean the fuel of with the use of rrfpr, hopeing to be around 80/90bhp on standard turbo not much but it weighs nothing so power to weight ratio is very good

russyb

Member +
Although its not a Toyota its is closely related would be cool to follow a build thread as im interested in miras and charades :)

laskt9

Member +
I'm in love! I wish I could get one of these in the states. That's so sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

superspat

Member +
i will be starting a build thread on here soon, its near enough a toyota or at least the starlet is the closet thing ot it apart from a charade gtti, been out for a drive and its instant boost, at 0.8bar at 2k and pulls all the way to 8k

superspat

Member +
Not sure in the spare engine, it's only done 17,000kph so still like new and would have to be a compleate custom build as cant by any thing for it let alone fordged internals but have been told the standard internals can take 23psi so could well be fordged from factory buy no 1 really knows.

Ive never had a car that gets so much attention from people all ages, and no 1 knows what it is ether which is a added bonus

superspat

Member +
so been busy with teh zato,striped the rear, painted the wheels, fitted new exhaust, pulled out A/C, used a starelt tmic as a big upgrade, starlet front mount air filter kit and painted up a few bits
pulled all this lot out
DSC_1216.jpg

and after its been striped
DSC_1215.jpg

some before and after pics
DSC_1361.jpg

DSC_1364.jpg

old motor bike exhaust and new cherry bomb
DSC_1403.jpg

DSC_1405.jpg

chopped out a bit of rust and patched it up
DSC_1402.jpg

A/C before
DSC_1413.jpg

and after its pulled out
DSC_1416.jpg

pic of the old tiny intercooler next to the newly fitted glanza tmic
DSC_1457.jpg

front mount filter
DSC_1469.jpg

its amazing how similar the zato is to a starlet, they use most the same sencors and things are in the same place as a starlet

next plan is to get hold of a tubey manifold of a non turbo starlet gl and chop out 1 of the runner and weld that in to my inlet manifold flange and use the starlet throttle bodie to give the zato a bit mroe torque and help flow the air through the engine a lot more than standard, plan is to to get as much power out of it beofre cranking up the boost or changing the turbo

superspat

Member +
Just half the size of a starlet tho, will get some pics of it next to my glanza and gt so you can see how small it really is