New Wagon

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

picked this up a couple of months ago....

Land Rover Series III
2.25 Petrol

0 - 60 .... well... lets not talk about that.

landrover.jpg

EP91_Chris

Member +
Awesome!

Big Land Rover fan my self. My dad had Series 3 V8 and has had his defender 110 for 12 years now. It has recently been rebuild and sprayed Kawasaki Green.

gv1.3

Admin
haha I like how brown it is :)

Thought you lads might get a laugh out of it. Its my transport for my wet dogs! Its like driving a tank. I am starting to love it though. Would like a bit more power, Id say a V8 would be nice! But then the brakes etc would need to be upgraded, as it is it doesnt stop very well.

The clutch is just about gone in it so thats on the to do list. Parts are dirt cheap for them.

I have a TD04 there.... wonder if....

Phil

Super Moderator
interesting choice.

but part should be cheap, no owner of those things are prepared to open their wallets, that always helps keep prices down lol

Phil

gv1.3

Admin
dunno about that Philo it drinks about 3 times what my x5 does! Running it is not for the feint of heart!

rb69

Member +
Took the Glanza in for its MOT last Saturday and waited at the garage for it. All they had to read was two Country Life magazines and one Land Rover owners mag. I now badly want a Land Rover Defender fully kitted out. They are awesome.

Gryzor

Admin
great choice tend to hold their value and run forever, you shouldnt have any problems with starting it at below -11 as you would have in a diesel

Phil

Super Moderator
dunno about that Philo it drinks about 3 times what my x5 does! Running it is not for the feint of heart!

jeepers that bad? hard on the juice never makes for an enjoyable drive unless its very quick :(

But maybe if there was offroading involved it would be great fun for the money lol

Phil

gv1.3

Admin
lol she is heavy on juice! When I get a new clutch she is going offroad for sure! Every time I am at the park in it I take it over the hills rather than over the speedbumps to get out :)

Gryzor - she starts and sounds like an atomic bomb wouldnt stop her lol... they really are like tanks.