Newbie From Gloucestershire

Calum122

Member +
Hello,

My names Calum and I'm from the Gloucestershire area. I picked up a rather neglected mk 3 a couple of weeks ago and have been on the ukstarlet forum for a few months now. However I was told that I should get myself an account on here as well because of the wealth of knowledge about.

I'm new to four strokes but am competent on two stroke engines, having built my own bike from the ground up and rebuilt a few two stroke engines.

It's sad to say that my MK3 is not in the best of conditions and it does have a few things wrong with it. Problems that I am yet to sort out. However, being a moderator on a motorbike forum I know how annoying one post wonders are so In won't post about it unless I get really stuck.

I've had a good nose around this forum and the amount of information on here is unreal.

I'm really pleased with the gt turbo. It's my first car and I would like to say I'm going to have it for a very long time. Already got masses of plans for it. Ultimately forge the engine and push some modest power.

But for now I don't have a clue about this motor, all I know is that it's maintenance has been neglected, I've done the basics, oil, coolant, plugs and fitted an intake since somebody removed it

Calum122

Member +
F398CDFE-94B9-4355-904F-4BBE3D2944AC_zpsyaafjsu8.jpg

B7F40BE7-FDB7-46D0-AA0F-CF255EC38925_zpsz23r3dk1.jpg

Jay

Admin
Welcome aboard Callum, great to see another gt in good hands. Sounds like she's been neglected but these little engines are tough so she might surprise you. Plenty of old info on here, the search engine is your friend!

Happy posting chap,

Jay

Calum122

Member +
Thanks.

Yeah I gathered that. I was actually after a Fiat Punto GT 1.4 Turbo. I've driven one before and they're good. But I'm glad I got a Jap car. Much more me.

It's in the hands of someone who will put decent money into it. As said she's a little rough but all there. Pulls lovely but you could tell the oil hadn't been changed in years.

I'll try and get on here more. If I can't figure out why I'm having problems then I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks

Djaniero

Member +
Glad the you managed to get sorted and signed up mate. Like I said....you're in good hands here....Jay in particular is your man, with everything and anything starlet orientated :)

davehart

Member +
Was that the one up on ebay not so long ago?

Start off with getting the little niggles fixed one by one :)

Lots of wise folks on here who should be able to answer and queries you have. Welcome!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Welcome! You'll find here any info you need about these cars mate! Also look for the parts for sale, loads of good parts always available!

Calum122

Member +
Yeah it was on eBay, up for £1800, I offered £1600. But I don't want to talk about the sale :s Not good. The car was fine, the seller....best I say we'll leave that one in the past.

Can someone tell me, I know they don't do a Haynes manual for this car, but the engine is fairly similar to the 4efe engine found in the corolla right? Does anyone have a link to the right Haynes for that engine.