northern ireland glanza owners

boost abuse

Member +
quinn were the first people i tried as i'm currently with them, but apparently you have to be 21 for any car over 110bhp

robbo

Member +
tell them you have already purchased the car and ask them to do their very best and try and get passed to their team leader. normally they will do their very best not to lose a customer and will help you out mate. normally works if you've already got the car mate. gd luck getting it sorted
:gt-logo

SupaStu

Member +
Glanza Vs not easy to insure in NI, especially if your under 21, i'm 29 and it was hard enough for me to get insurance until i called Quinn Direct.

You would be easier insuring a GT as they seem to be on more insurers books, Glanzas dont exist.

boost abuse

Member +
tell them you have already purchased the car and ask them to do their very best and try and get passed to their team leader. normally they will do their very best not to lose a customer and will help you out mate. normally works if you've already got the car mate. gd luck getting it sorted
:gt-logo

errrrrrrrr i cancelled my policy once they told me you have to be over 21 beacuse i've already sold my last car... maybe wasn't the smartest idea

ali619

Member +
ever thought of being the name driver in the policy and letting one of your parents be the policy holder???, if i do get my glanza thats how i'll be trying to insure my glanza :)

BTW welcome to the site :p nice to see more members from ballymena!

SupaStu

Member +
Is that not "fronting" ? Im sure thats illegal, the police would be fairly strict on this i think?

Kind of obvious that its not your parents car, not many parents drive gt and glanzas.

I'd be wary as there is so many police on the roads these days, especially in NI!

GLANZA BOOOI

Member +
theres nothin wrong wit gettin insured on one as a named driver it could very well be you're parents cars it's the same as gettin insured on any car as a named driver doesnt make any difference just because its a glanza i kno people who are insured like this and its not a problem.. i mean theres nothin illegal about bein a named driver so why would it be any different just because its a glanza??

SupaStu

Member +
A named driver is only supposed to use the car on occasion. If you drive the car every day to your work or university, college whatever then you may not be covered. The policy holder should have the main use of the policy then the named driver can use the car on occasion but not normally all the time.

There has been so many claims because young drivers are insuring fast imports etc obviously under their parents name, and the insurance companies are wary of this.

To be honest I have always insured my own cars, using someone elses name comes with a risk, and you dont build up any no claims etc.

Also doesnt help if you own the car ie you are named on the registration form and your parents have insured it.

boost abuse

Member +
heres another questions, if i've made claims as a named driver on another policy (my ma's), can the insurance companies find out if i don't declare them when taking out a policy in my own name?

spartacus

Member +
im 20 with 3 years ncb fully comprehensive for around £750 insured on my dads business insurance... so im allowed to drive what he authorises kind of thing. basically insured on a traders policy. (guys from ballymena keep an eye out for a 1999 white glanza... should be on the road soon :) )

boost abuse

Member +
im 20 with 3 years ncb fully comprehensive for around £750 insured on my dads business insurance... so im allowed to drive what he authorises kind of thing. basically insured on a traders policy. (guys from ballymena keep an eye out for a 1999 white glanza... should be on the road soon :) )

don't fancy sticking me on your dads business insurnace do you ? lol