Odometer Conversions

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
OK, I have my new car but it is still in KM's. I know you can convert it easily with a converter on the gearbox and all will read and start to count in miles, but I want the registered KM's to be in miles so it's not 70,000km then start is miles. Does anyone know of a place that does this?

Texx

Super Moderator
Just had my odo out to reset the mileage counter.

When I bought the car it had been converted from KPH to MPH and the odo adjusted to read the correct mileage (couldn't tell you who by though), I had all the auction sheets and other bits of paperwork to back the mileage up, so I was happy it was correct.

When I got the car the odo was reading 43172 miles and clocked up the next 16827 miles without issue, but when clocking from 059999 miles to 060000, the first 2 digits jammed and the odo read 050000. I wasn't too impressed with the fact that the first digit was also reading halfway between 0 and 1. :mad:

Its clocked the last 334 miles OK, but hacked me off enough now for me to repair it today. After a bit of swearing and patience, its now reading 060336 miles.. ;)

It would take sometime, but could you not run the odo in reverse with a drill gun to set the correct mileage?

Starlet_Sam

Just had my odo out to reset the mileage counter.

When I bought the car it had been converted from KPH to MPH and the odo adjusted to read the correct mileage (couldn't tell you who by though), I had all the auction sheets and other bits of paperwork to back the mileage up, so I was happy it was correct.

When I got the car the odo was reading 43172 miles and clocked up the next 16827 miles without issue, but when clocking from 059999 miles to 060000, the first 2 digits jammed and the odo read 050000. I wasn't too impressed with the fact that the first digit was also reading halfway between 0 and 1. :mad:

Its clocked the last 334 miles OK, but hacked me off enough now for me to repair it today. After a bit of swearing and patience, its now reading 060336 miles.. ;)

It would take sometime, but could you not run the odo in reverse with a drill gun to set the correct mileage?

Probably but Dad said that theres a company (he can't remember who it is though, only that it was in Torquay) that do this and provide a certificate to show when it was done and they keep their own records so when you sell it you can refer them to the company to check the mileage was correct.

Matchew

Member +
Theres a company in the midlands called mileage correction services.might have the number somewhere if you need it

Matchew

Member +
do it yourself mate once you've got the cluster apart theres like a part next to the odometer which you can get an electric drill on it put the drill on anti clockwise and watch the km's go back! Haven't done it on a starlet but done it on a mazda and me dad has done it on a vauxhall but its the same principal.

Starlet_Sam

Decided I'm going to buy a complete new cluster and wind those miles back util it's correct and fit that as if I buy one from a UK MX5 I won't have to mess around with converters.