Oil light constantly on??

Gtsmurf

Member +
Hey guys, ok car light oil light is on from the time I swing the car key...just burning constant not blinking nothing.

Reasons?? I was thinking oil unit gone bad??

No the engine is not low on oil or has any oil leaks.

finx

Member +
is the wire still on the oil pressure sender? if not this can cause it to be constantly on.
light comes on when sender senses low oil pressure. put an external gauge on it from the place where the stock one fits into the block and you will then know if its telling lies or not.
engine not making any weird kocking noises yet?

turboflow

Member +
dont assume the worst just yet mate, the only reason it woul stay constantly on is if it is shorted, the circuit runs on a positive line constantly and the oil pressure switch creates the circuit by earthing it when the pressure gets too low, check that the wire has not come off the sensor and is not stuck to the chassis somewhere coz this is creating the full circuit constantly, if not then either a dead switch or you do in fact have oil pressure lower than 5 to 9 psi, or something like that, not good if this is the case

owen

Gtsmurf

Member +
Ok thnks guys will give it a check and see. I have no oil guage in yet, so will have to check the pressure otherwise.
No the engine is nothing giving me any noises.