opions please

alexgt

Member +
The other day i noticed that my thermostat housing gasket has gone and it is now leaking coolant,

i need my car to get to work so i have continued driving it with this problem keeping an eye on coolant level and topping up when needed i have ordered the prt should be with me on Friday, is this going to have a serious affect on the engine e.g damage. the engine has not been over heating or lost any power

thoughts would be apreciated.

Cheers

Alex.

dac69er

Super Moderator
as long as your keeping an eye on the levels and your not getting the engine too hot then it will be fine.
just get it done asap ;)

The other day i noticed that my thermostat housing gasket has gone and it is now leaking coolant,

i need my car to get to work so i have continued driving it with this problem keeping an eye on coolant level and topping up when needed i have ordered the prt should be with me on Friday, is this going to have a serious affect on the engine e.g damage. the engine has not been over heating or lost any power

thoughts would be apreciated.

Cheers

Alex.

u can just take it off....clean both surfaces...apply some engine sealant for both surface...secure it back in place...allow a few mins to cure...top back up the water levels ....and be good:cool:

alexgt

Member +
well i have ordered the parts now,

its like 15 years old so probably an idea to do it now anyway just for piece of mind and none of it is expensive.

but cheers for the replys.

rep for all of ya!