Paseo Transmission

Camy

Fresh Recruit
it's a really bad tranny :( I broke 3 of them with a almost stock 5E... in my 1st gen paseo...

The differential is always broken...

the gears are too much week

it's a really bad tranny :( I broke 3 of them with a almost stock 5E... in my 1st gen paseo...

The differential is always broken...

the gears are too much week

yea, i already went through two paseo tranny. Synchros went bad. But I can't find a GT tranny close to home

Camy

Fresh Recruit
88-91 something like that... or you can find a c52 from an Ep82 4E-FTE or a c56 from an ep91

Si_Glanza

Member +
Bringing back an Old Post.....How will a Paseo 5e Gearbox go with 1.5bar on TD04 with an LSD?
Though it was the same box on the 5e as it is on the 4e?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
erm recently due to the shortage of c52 & c56 gboxes in malta (yes we bled the island dry lol... .gotta love drag racing)..

whats being commonly done alot is using a 4 speed gbox off a starlet (dunno which one, but the bellhousing is the same as the c52 except it has no 5th & no cap obviously)... anyways that diff is being used & so it doesnt break we weld the diff...

this is no good for road driving, if u weld the diff i mean, but its not a problem for qtm (well at least the gbox holds up for a couple of weeks lol.. )

kon

Si_Glanza

Member +
lol......I get Told off by the Girlfriend for having the car as un-road friendly as it is if i started welding Diffs id be having to find someone else lol.

whats being commonly done alot is using a 4 speed gbox off a starlet (dunno which one, but the bellhousing is the same as the c52 except it has no 5th & no cap obviously)...
kon
a couple have used that box here ......mostly on minor/mild builds.....nothing too serious......some have very short ratios....while some have very long ratios........depends on which 4 speed box u get--1e or 2e i guess

i honestly need to check out the ratios for these 4 speed boxes

HYBRID

lol... dont we all hear that...

this week she told me :

she: "remember 6 years ago u bought the glanza coz u loved how it looked sounded"

me: "so?"

she: "now uv spent thousands at making it faster & less comfy.. its been a waste of time & money"

me: "would u rather something goes for me to change it?!"

she: nevermind...

lol :homer: bah partners lol :rolleyes:

HYBRID

a couple have used that box here ......mostly on minor/mild builds.....nothing too serious......some have very short ratios....while some have very long ratios........depends on which 4 speed box u get--1e or 2e i guess

i honestly need to check out the ratios for these 4 speed boxes

yes thats true boss. we also found a very short 5 speed box.. i mean seriously short lol..

i think its a 2e gbox.. the 1e is a 999cc im not sure the shaft fits to the clutch...

its amazing at how thin the gears are... well we used them on 3 cars running well over 300bhp lol.. 2 of them doing 11s haha! surprisingly theyve lasted longer than the c56 with a trd helical lsd :homer:

hows that for weird!!!

kon