pcv valve venting to the atmosphere

RGM1800

Member +
i know ins some state venting pcv valve is illegal due to emission blah blah bla. but is it ok to gut the pcv ang let it vent to the atmosphere then cap the inlet manifold? i dont have oil catch can at the moment

Jay

Admin
Yep, I wouldn't gut it though. You can use the road as your oil catch can but it's generally frowned on by the authorities.

Pipe it off somewhere so as it doesn't throw oil on your wheels or exhaust.

At you own risk I'd say from a legal viewpoint.

RGM1800

Member +
Yep, I wouldn't gut it though. You can use the road as your oil catch can but it's generally frowned on by the authorities.

Pipe it off somewhere so as it doesn't throw oil on your wheels or exhaust.

At you own risk I'd say from a legal viewpoint.

so no need to gut it? maybe itll remain closed if its not hooked at the vac source?

haydn28

Member +
by all means gut ur pcv , u can do it in 15seconds and run both lines into some sort of catch,

if you dont, crankcase pressure will build on blow by for example on idle and force oil upwards , causing white smoke and oil to come through the breather line.,
plus by increasing the pressure differential above and below the rings result in a better seal and a power increase.
:cool:

RGM1800

Member +
by all means gut ur pcv , u can do it in 15seconds and run both lines into some sort of catch,

if you dont, crankcase pressure will build on blow by for example on idle and force oil upwards , causing white smoke and oil to come through the breather line.,
plus by increasing the pressure differential above and below the rings result in a better seal and a power increase.
:cool:

dont have a catch can for now. maybe filters on both ends will do?