[Photo Contest] general info

azerty

Supermoderator
Hello,

as you have probably noticed, we have now a new photography enthousiast section called "The Photo Arena". I have filled this section with quite few themes already.
Feel free to open other interesting themes as long as it is about car photography :)

We will organise some Photo contest from time to time. I have strong feeling that first contest will be based on "Close up Detail" theme. So you can already try to practice your skills and post in this topic :
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=850

It's time to clean your cars and camera lens now :rockon:

azerty

Last edited:

Cooch

Member +
Awesome! Is there any minimum requiremnents for camera specs like the calender or is anything ok?

affy

Lifer
excellent idea........there will defo be alot of competition....lots of great cars out there :gt-smilie:

azerty

Supermoderator
Awesome! Is there any minimum requiremnents for camera specs like the calender or is anything ok?

anything :) as long as it looks good ! so well exposed, focused, no noise, etc...

(Photo for calendars have minimum requirements as they need to be printed, so high resolution is needed in that case. you might want to do high res pic if you want to be in calendar later on ;))

Stuart, 7mp is way enough even for calendar purpose :)

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +
I'm on a photography forum and they run competitions whereby they have a theme and leave the entrants enterperate how they do it and what they photograph.

We could try and run something similar, with themed competitions based around cars but with a fairly loose idea on what it should be.

For example, the theme one week could be "Cornering". The possibilies span from a car on a road, actually cornering, wheels, suspension componants, etc etc.

Rules would have to be set in place though :p

azerty

Supermoderator
that's basicly the plan Monky, if you check my first post on each theme, I have specified that members can explain how they have done each photos. as this is new thing, Let's start with easy theme first so every one can join the game ;)

About rules, the plan is to have them simple and see how it goes.
when contest begins, each member will be able to post one photo and one photo only. when entry ends, we will start a poll :)

"cornering" is a good idea to keep :) let us know if you have other theme in your box :)

Last edited:

azerty

Supermoderator
Thanks kell ;)

stuart, could be very soon. I'm looking the response in "the arena forum" for now, what looks really promissing
Now you know what to do this week end :p

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
This is why we choose the 'arena' tag for this forum - we want to see how creative you camera-wielding webslingers can be.

Can't wait for Azzy to get the games underway!

Cooch

Member +
anything :) as long as it looks good ! so well exposed, focused, no noise, etc...

(Photo for calendars have minimum requirements as they need to be printed, so high resolution is needed in that case. you might want to do high res pic if you want to be in calendar later on ;))

Stuart, 7mp is way enough even for calendar purpose :)

Cheers Azerty. Know what i'll be doing this weekend then although i'll doubt i will come close to some entrants i'll give it a damn good try!

azerty

Supermoderator
one thing is for sure, if we would have an avatar contest, Jay would have won easily.
are you planning to change your avatar every 3 days ? :p

Jay

Admin
I kept the last one for around 5 years... guess I can keep the avatar wheel a-rolling! :)

Ryno

Member +
are male models spread over a bonnet in bikinis allowed? :confused:;)

great idea Azerty, will give me something to do this weekend if the weathers kind and i can get round to giving the GT a clean!

oh and Jay, can the winner get a nice little sub status as the prize?,

<-- there?