Please! Drop me your knowledge!

coreygodofall

Fresh Recruit
HI! my name is corey, i own a 94 starlet gt, non quadlight model....anyhoo,i bought an lsd gearbox and when i went to fit it i reaslised my leftsided (passenger side) driveshaft would not fit because apparently my lsd is external and not built in like the newer models, doh!, so i went and found one that fitted, happy days!! but now i realised my driverside driveshaft also will not fit, so i bought a different one but that still wont fit, i own 2 driverside, driveshafts, one is roughly 20inches with both joints connected, and the second is 30inches with both joints connected...one is too small and the other is too long!! PLEASE HELP! my car is fading away :(

Paul_JJ

Member +
Well LSD drive shafts would be different to the standard ones, both sides. What gearbox did you buy???

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Hi corey, as paul said if its an oem lsd box you need to find different shafts..(iirc they are roughly the same length, not like the normal shafts one being long the other short...) its not a problem at all mate, as there are many running about... suggest you contact Jay as im sure hw will be able to direct you in the right direction for the shafts...

kon

coreygodofall

Fresh Recruit
thanks dudes, i really really appreciate your advice, ive spent loads on the car since i bought it and this one just has me totally stumped and thinking of getting rid of it :( , i dont know who jay is either :( any help there would rock!!,anyways, to the best of my knowledge the gearbox and lsd was a standard factory extra and not an uprated version like a kazz,or trd etc, ive checked on donedeal and stuff but they all seem to be for a standard non lsd, and the second driveshaft i bought was apparently from a gt advance, which i was led to believe all had the lsd gearbox's, but was then told that they were only an optional factory extra,, thanks again for your help :)