Possible Power FC Issues...

Rory

Lifer
Has anyone had a Power FC go bad on them?

After changing the loom in the GT, the car will start and no more with the PFC, yet if i throw the STRD ECU in it runs fine (even on the 440 injectors)??

I did notice that after i had switched the car off (with the PFC) the ECU itself was buzzing away to itsself.
Also noticed it would sometimes prime the pump, and then sometimes not.
When it did run (rather badly) i could hear a relay giving it big licks behind the dash?

Seems like the fuel side of things in the ECU is dying? :(

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Rory

dac69er

Super Moderator
doesnt sound too good mate. is the adapter loom in good condition? no bent pins etc?

does the ecu look like it has ever been dropped at all?

have you tried re-initialising the power fc to see if that helps? sometimes resetting it can clear problems it may have?

failing all that i would be tempted to whip the top off the ecu and check for any bad connections, dry joints etc.

GI BOY

Member +
The mate was getting his car tuned on a pfc and had same issues with the injector drivers on the ecu.. they were adding more fuel on the computer but the ecu wasnt giving any more after .8 bar on tdo4.. the standerd ecu was fueling more lol

Rory

Lifer
Hey Duncan,

Yeah the adapter loom is fine, was the first thing i checked.
Its never been dropped scince i owned it, i have been running this ECU for the past year in my car.
I cant re-initialize it due to not having software :( You do though do you not.........(You know my next question now!!)

Ive had the cover off, and it looks clean inside with no bad solders.
After having a search around google it seems they can be repaired going by this thread on driftworks,
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/129286-apexi-power-fc-repair.html

billybob

Untrusted Seller
its the injector drivers on the power fc friend of mine had the same problem sent it away to get fixed ,,pm john at ecc he can give you some input what was happening when they were trying to tune it ,

Rory

Lifer
Ill go fire them a PM the now. :)

its the injector drivers on the power fc friend of mine had the same problem sent it away to get fixed ,,pm john at ecc he can give you some input what was happening when they were trying to tune it ,

Chris@CCM

Member +
try reseting the pfc if u have a way of doing it or if u want me to check it and reset it fire her in the post and i can do it foc