Power fc boost control kit

whiteglanzav

Member +
what you have to do is connect the part of the loom that normally goes to the standard boost hi/lo control solenoid to the apexi solinoid and the pipe your vacuums up,

simples :)

Chris@CCM

Member +
what you have to do is connect the part of the loom that normally goes to the standard boost hi/lo control solenoid to the apexi solinoid and the pipe your vacuums up,

simples :)
Dude see if u not know what ur talking about as u clearly don't , don't bother

Chris@CCM

Member +
What do u need to know u have a sensor and a valve the valve gets piped up like any other ebc there's a wire plugs in to the side of the PFC

whiteglanzav

Member +
Dude see if u not know what ur talking about as u clearly don't , don't bother

maybe for the mapsensor but not for the boost controll kit - do you want me to take a picture and show you ? the map sensor does plug straight into the side of the ecu but the integral boost control solenoid plugs into the standard loom,

and stop being a goon with ur attitude

Boost Controller Kit Type #1 - 3 wire plug, Solenoid runs to stock boost control loom on stock ECU wiring loom.

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
maybe for the mapsensor but not for the boost controll kit - do you want me to take a picture and show you ? the map sensor does plug straight into the side of the ecu but the integral boost control solenoid plugs into the standard loom,

I was considering this kit but when I did the conversion I removed the wiring for the stock solenoid as I knew I wouldnt want the high/low function.

So you have this fitted and working on your car? the Apexi solenoid is plugged into the stock high/low solenoid plug and it has no other wiring to it and the map sensor is connected to the 5 pin plug on the side of the ECU?

I thought the boost control kit loom had plugs for the Apexi solenoid and map sensor both and it plugged into the 5 pin ECU plug, then you select use of the Apexi map sensor and boost control kit use in the software. What boxes are checked in the settings pages of your ECU set up and what way are your map sensor and solenoid connected?

whiteglanzav

Member +
I was considering this kit but when I did the conversion I removed the wiring for the stock solenoid as I knew I wouldnt want the high/low function.

So you have this fitted and working on your car? the Apexi solenoid is plugged into the stock high/low solenoid plug and it has no other wiring to it and the map sensor is connected to the 5 pin plug on the side of the ECU?

I thought the boost control kit loom had plugs for the Apexi solenoid and map sensor both and it plugged into the 5 pin ECU plug, then you select use of the Apexi map sensor and boost control kit use in the software. What boxes are checked in the settings pages of your ECU set up and what way are your map sensor and solenoid connected?

yep this is fitted and working in my car perfectly, i have removed the stock boost solenoid and replaced it with the apexi solenoid in the same place.

the harness that is attached to the solenoid plugs directly into the stock wiring loom for the stock boost control solenoid which in turn goes into the pfc ecu via the standard wiring loom (main 3 big plugs that go into the ecu - granted thats via the yellow harness that comes with it)

the standard map sensor has been removed (unplugged) and in its place the apexi map sensor has been fitted which comes with its own loom which does plug directly into the side of the ecu - i dont remember exactly how many pins that is but i can have a quick look in a bit.

on the settings it gives you the option of tick boxes for

a: the apexi map sensor

and

b: the option for the boost controll solenoid.

to change the boost level there are 4 boost options, you can only check 1 at a time and you change the boost level by adjusting the duty - the figure you put into the duty column bears no relevence to the actual boost level you get - for instance 24% duty = like 17 psi so its a matter of figuring out whats what and then setting it once you know.

hope that sheds a bit of light on it for you John and if you have any other questions please do ask and if i cant answer them ill get the guy who mapped it to fill me in with the answer :)

Last edited:

whiteglanzav

Member +
this is the pik of how the boost control solenoid is connected you can see the blue/green plug that goes inside the white/grey plug granted at the time of this photo the vac lines arent on but the wiring hasnt been changed since then.

maybe this is a slightly different kit to what chris has seen before ??

IMG_0500.jpg

whiteglanzav

Member +
and this one of the mapsensor - those 2 wires go directly into the side of the ecu - or is it 3 wires i cant tell from this pik

IMG_0501.jpg

weeJohn

Lifer
Its a different set up to the kit I have seen before, the stock solenoid does not control boost, the actuator spring does, all the stock solenoid does is bleed some air off to increase boost for the high setting. The stock solenoid is switched from the stock ECU, but its not referenced to a boost setting. The PFC must be configured to control boost this way as per the 4 choice setting in the software, where the stock ECU is not and thats maybe where the confusion is, also is the EP91 PFC an AP Engineering PFC or a D Jetro PFC?

I have an AVCR and it uses the duty funtion as well, something thats a bit confusing for someone not that familiar with it, but I might connect the AVCR solenoid up to the stock wires and see if it will work when selected to do so in the software.

Thanks for the pics and the info, great help!!

Last edited:

whiteglanzav

Member +
Its a different set up to the kit I have seen before, the stock solenoid does not control boost, the actuator spring does, all the stock solenoid does is bleed some air off to increase boost for the high setting. The PFC must be configured to control boost this way as per the 4 choice setting in the software, where the stock ECU is not and thats maybe where the confusion is.

I have an AVCR and it uses the duty funtion as well, something thats a bit confusing for someone not that familiar with it, but I might connect the AVCR solenoid up to the stock wires and see if it will work when selected to do so.

Thanks for the pics and the info, great help!!

yer i see what you are saying completely about the stock solenoid, but it is part of the process of controlling the boost just like the apexi solenoid is party to controlling the boost (along with the external wastegate in my case) and im sure that the power fc ecu has a different process in order to read that signal and interpret it ??? but who knows but the boost is controllable and that solenoid is the only form of boost control i have so it must work correctly.

to be fair though we havent yet figured out how to get it to switch boost between the hi/low boost button but we think it is somthing that can be done, but if it proves to be a pain in the arse i will use an avcr instead so that i can switch boost levels.

yer give it a go and see what happens does the avcr solenoid that you use have the same plug on it as the one that i am using ?????

and chris if you are reading this - then it just goes to show that just because you havent seen somthing work in the way that someone described it, then it doesnt mean that that person is wrong or doesnt know what they are talking about.
maybe next time you shouldnt just assume somthing is wrong because you havent had any experience with it and try to play the "i know everything" card - and then get proved wrong - ok ;)