Power/running problem code 14?

charlieingram

Fresh Recruit
Last year I bought a sr and did an engine, loom, clocks etc transplant... Have never had it on the road as I lost interest now I need to finish it! When you accelerate at about 2.5k the engine light comes on and limits the power! Now if you keep your foot down it will reach 12psi then hit fuel cut? It will not hit limiter when sat either engine light comes on and just like struggles... Doesn't sound like miss fire. Did a flash code test which came up at code 14. Which is ignition signal, no IGF signal to ecu 8 to 11 times in succession

•ignitor and ignition coil circuit
•ignitor
•ignition coil
•ECU

Anyone had this problem before? Or does anyone know what the most likely cause would be? Or maybe nothing even to do with this could be something else triggering this problem to give this code? :/

dac69er

Super Moderator
Bad return signal from distributor to ecu would be my guess. Check wiring and connections then Replace distributor if it is still a problem.

charlieingram

Fresh Recruit
So check wiring and connections, do a continuity test on the pin outs? It is a second hand distributor and second hand coil just didn't want to throw money at it if it won't cure it, but thanks il try that tomorrow and let you know the result :)

charlieingram

Fresh Recruit
Ok so checked all the wiring and turns out im been a retard, it not code 14 i read the flash code instructions completely wrong. there are multiple codes which are 42... 22... 43...45...2 now the instructions say it starts with the lowest code and works up which confused me as there is a 22 in the middle? and i dont understand the 2 at the end? assuming that is the end of the codes?

The car idles high when first started then dies down to about 1500 which is still high? the code 22 is coolant temp sensor which may cause my idle issue?

And 42 is explaining the problem as the engine light comes on at 2.5-3k and limits power as if it is in cold mode?

As for code 43 i have no idea, the car starts fine? please helppp, this cars becoming a pain in my existence!