Problems after going externally gated - Strange noise with videos

OllieTurbo

Member +
Well was running 1.4 bar before the weekend on an internally gated td04 kit with no problems (bar the manifold cracking and smokey turbo) so bought Johnny_c's externally gated turbo kit , fitted it at the week with a mate, and after setting the boost controller back to 1.4 bar again im getting this very strange really LOUD noise. On low boost (12psi) i dont get the noise , but once its wanged up anything about 13 the noise is as loud as hell, anybody got any ideas?

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh159/olliewintle/?action=view&current=26072010021.mp4

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh159/olliewintle/?action=view&current=26072010020.mp4

any help would be mint, getting a bit fucked off with this starbo now ! shes eating through too much of my money! :eek:

Rory

Lifer
Run a line from the bottom port on the wastegate, to the turbo compressor housing and see if the probelm persits.

Are you sure the boost controller is hooked up ok?

Gilly2006

Member +
that is an issue with the boost controller, a freind of mine had an HKS EVC 3, and it was working perfectly holding a 0.95 bar on a holset turbo on his GT, then it suddenly did the same, and i was in the car when it started happening! consantly off and on with the wastegate.

OllieTurbo

Member +
ah ok, its an old style blitz controller, il upload a photo when i get home, is there any way of me leaving it on highboost with out a boost controller?

krisbutler02

Fresh Recruit
Any one tell me how to plumb a mbc in instad of this outdated blitz sbc Ollie has.

At the moment i have (turbo outlet - sbc in) (sbc out- bottom wastgete port)

(upper wastegate port is vent to atmos)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Any one tell me how to plumb a mbc in instad of this outdated blitz sbc Ollie has.

At the moment i have (turbo outlet - sbc in) (sbc out- bottom wastgete port)

(upper wastegate port is vent to atmos)

run a line from the compressor housing to the bottom of the waste gate and tee the mbc into it leave the top one off

I assume you mean actuator turbo when you say "Internally gated". If so, when you fitted the externally gated turbo kit, did you change the setting on the boost controller from actuator type to wastegate type. I'm not sure if all boost controllers have to have this done but many of the ones i have come across do. Its usually a small manual switch at the back or side of the control box

OllieTurbo

Member +
I assume you mean actuator turbo when you say "Internally gated". If so, when you fitted the externally gated turbo kit, did you change the setting on the boost controller from actuator type to wastegate type. I'm not sure if all boost controllers have to have this done but many of the ones i have come across do. Its usually a small manual switch at the back or side of the control box

ahh kris rang me earlier to ask me too look for the switch , i couldnt c it on the actual controler, but might be on the box part which is behind the glove box, ill have a look for that tmoz, if not were gonna try re-plumbing it in .
cheerz for the help all will let you know how we get on tmoz :rockon:

ahh kris rang me earlier to ask me too look for the switch , i couldnt c it on the actual controler, but might be on the box part which is behind the glove box, ill have a look for that tmoz, if not were gonna try re-plumbing it in .
cheerz for the help all will let you know how we get on tmoz :rockon:

Any day I can help a fellow member is a good day :)