Rab's Return

Jay

Admin
Bit of a longterm project this one but we got there in the end.

After a two year absence Rab decided he fancied another mk1 but there were none about at the time so he dropped this battleweary mk3 off in the yard.

Months pass..

Eventually I happen upon a far cleaner mk2 minus an interior and engine so a (rather labour intensive) reshell occurs. Here's the finished result:

It's been a long time coming but I think things worked out for the best. Welcome back Rab! :cool:

Jay

rab

Lifer
Jay thank you for all the work that went into this little project
Cheers
Rab

Last edited:

rab

Lifer
its the mark 1 front bumper on the car just finishes it off thanks for the kind comments but all the credit goes to jay he done all the hard work.

Jay

Admin
Just thought I'd update with Rab's second return to the fold.

Just under a year ago I got another one of 'those' calls. Someone had a starlet that needed a lot of work and was wanting to shift it on.

I already knew Rab had been looking another mk1 as he enjoyed the rarity factor so when I realised what I was looking at was technically rarer than a mk1 he leapt at it.

It's taken a while to undo all the damage and modifications that these cars suffer as the years pass, let's just say if she wasn't this colour she would have been broken by now!

Fresh engine fitted as number three bearing had disappeared. I'm testing the detonator route again with this one so looking forward to the road testing.

Current state before the body work gets properly addressed:

You may notice a few bits missing/hanging off but all should be sorted in due course. This (very scarce factory) colour really stands out against the regular GT's I'm used to.

Jay

davehart

Member +
is that the green / blue factory colour they made a few mk3's in back in the day? Looks more light blue in the pictures.

Bloody nice colour, I do like a blue one!

nistarbo

Member +
Some transformation from what it was at the last time I seen it. As it stands it doesn't look like a respray is needed if he does it has to be that colour.
What's his plans with it is he still going standard on it?

Jay

Admin
Cheers folks,

It's the lesser spotted turquoise colour offered in the mk3 range. Only seen one other in the metal locally and it's disappeared into the ether.

Sticking to standard spec (where possible) but there's a few aftermarket bits on there at the moment.