Replacing rotors and deleting abs

So i am fitting new rotors, fronts are done, the rears picture below dont have the ring for the wheel speed sensor so i guess they are non abs rotors? I plan on deleting the abs anyway, am i right in thinking i can install my new rotors without the speed sensor ring installed, remove the abs pump, fuse and cluster globe and reroute the brake lines to suit using a non abs model brake bias valve?

SKINY

Lifer
Very tidy looking bud :cool: as far as I'm aware you can use the non abs disc, also with some care the ring should pop off for transfer, have seen that on a few different cars and a few Celicas I had where like that

Very tidy looking bud :cool: as far as I'm aware you can use the non abs disc, also with some care the ring should pop off for transfer, have seen that on a few different cars and a few Celicas I had where like that

Thanks, im guessing that abs ring is only for the abs and isnt needed for engine managment stuff or tc?

SKINY

Lifer
Yea just for the sensor in the hub bud doesn't affect anything else.
Traction control is located at the end of your right leg :p

Ok, so ive got the new wheel bearings in and bolted up the rear rotors,

but i have only a bees dick of clearence between my rotor and caliper bracket,

my inner and outer races are 100% seated properly in the rotor, ive checked everything 3 times, even tried smaking the rotor on further.

What am i doing wrong here?

As you can see, not enough room between the front face of the rotor and caliper bracket at all. Ive double checked everything and new and old rotors look the same. This should be simple :mad:

Checked numbers on the bearings match up and they do,

Measured rotors and they are same as old ones

Rotors and bearings are seated properly,

With the old worn pads and rotors you wouldnt notice this issue. Im now thinking ill have to space the caliper bracket with hight tensile washers but id like to know why this is happening,

Maybe someone has a picture of the clearance between the front face of the rotor and caliper bracket?

SKINY

Lifer
Does it all turn freely and operate ok when it's all bolted up ? Don't forget the new discs will probably be a smidge thicker as the old ones wear down.

Does it all turn freely and operate ok when it's all bolted up ? Don't forget the new discs will probably be a smidge thicker as the old ones wear down.

Passender side does just but with very little clearance, drivers side moves freely but theres not even enough room to fit the brake pad clips. Im thinking ill have to have 2mm machined off of the face of both rotors, any reason why i shouldnt do this?

Jay

Admin
I'll be messing around with rear brakes later today so I'll take a few measurements. Just for comparison sake.

Jay

Admin
Disc thickness from new is 9mm, mine is around that with the rust, the Joy's of a humid climate..

Theres a 2mm gap on the outside surface and a 3mm gap on the rear surface.

Genuine Toyota items.

Attachments

• 20190204_124535-1209x1612.jpg
    20190204_124535-1209x1612.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190204_124612-1209x1612.jpg
    20190204_124612-1209x1612.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190204_124551-1209x1612.jpg
    20190204_124551-1209x1612.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 8